Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DO NOT buy protea accessories pack on steam! Please read ASAP.

SpencerPriest

Posted (edited)

So I was in the market thinking "maybe i'll buy myself a skin" cause I hadn't in a while and there was one or two I thought I might like, but then I notice I don't have the plat I thought I had, and not cause I didn't spend it, but because I never got any platinum. Luckily I was on my xbox this time and not my PC, and looked at the pack I had most recently purchased and it literally shows that it includes 1365 platinum... So I start wondering why I don't have more platinum in my coffers... I go look at steam to see what the deal is and see 2 others out of 6 people commented that they also expected to receive platinum with it. I was under the impression that the packs would be the same regardless of device, with cross save being a thing that would simply make sense... Upon realizing this isn't the case I honestly felt like I got scammed... I am beyond disappointed right now, both in myself and this situation. I wanna clarify that I do not believe DE did this deliberately, even though I had someone send me an image claiming he got the same pack on steam and got plat as well, but I can't verify that, but putting that aside, I do believe this is just a simply something they missed when moving to cross save... While I'd really like to get the plat I assumed I was buying, I mainly want DE to label things clearly for people who switch between devices assuming everything is the same in the markets between devices. What I mean is that the packs should be named differently so people like myself don't go from one device to the other with the same thought I had in that the packs are the same across the board. Like maybe call the packs with platinum "blessed" packs or something to denote a slight difference in the name. Or put an label next to the name on consoles that say (xbox/switch/mobile/ps exclusive). So please, DE, fix this ASAP.bplcdmz.pngSLCOs4U.png

Edited by SpencerPriest
forgot to add photos

You know it's cheaper on steam by a considerable margin right?

For the Protea Prime Accessories, on Steam for me, it's £32.99. Xbox marketplace is £49.99

That's a £17 difference.

The prime Accessories doesn't come with plat anyway

1 minute ago, Stormandreas said:

You know it's cheaper on steam by a considerable margin right?

For the Protea Prime Accessories, on Steam for me, it's £32.99. Xbox marketplace is £49.99

That's a £17 difference.

The prime Accessories doesn't come with plat anyway

There is a 10$ difference, and I'm looking at them both. They DO come with plat, and they always have... and even if they didn't, the packs should be the same universally across the board so that there is no confusion when migrating versions of the game. If anything you should be annoyed there is a 20$ difference and no plat because that means the packs are also different between region, which is ALSO not okay. But that might be an issue on the xbox side, idk. Point is the packs should remain the same across the board, no matter system, or region.

cfEuKAm.pngoQ30WmY.png

4 minutes ago, SpencerPriest said:

There is a 10$ difference, and I'm looking at them both. They DO come with plat, and they always have... and even if they didn't, the packs should be the same universally across the board so that there is no confusion when migrating versions of the game. If anything you should be annoyed there is a 20$ difference and no plat because that means the packs are also different between region, which is ALSO not okay. But that might be an issue on the xbox side, idk. Point is the packs should remain the same across the board, no matter system, or region.

cfEuKAm.pngoQ30WmY.png

No, Prime accessories does not come wth plat.

Spoiler

4TQSUkL.png

79syUUu.png

I'm also looking at them.
£17 difference. That's a difference of $21.53 USD when directly converted. That's called regional pricing. This is very common nowadays.

Spoiler

mPmtmwq.png

SVj3jTw.png

While the Xbox pack claims it comes with plat, I've yet to see anyone get any amount of plat from the Prime Accessories, let alone get 30% MORE than what's in the first level of Prime Access itself.

2 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

No, Prime accessories does not come wth plat.

Reveal hidden contents

4TQSUkL.png

79syUUu.png

I'm also looking at them.
£17 difference. That's a difference of $21.53 USD when directly converted. That's called regional pricing. This is very common nowadays.

Reveal hidden contents

mPmtmwq.png

SVj3jTw.png

While the Xbox pack claims it comes with plat, I've yet to see anyone get any amount of plat from the Prime Accessories, let alone get 30% MORE than what's in the first level of Prime Access itself.

I just showed you a picture that states it comes with plat... idk why you're arguing something you can see with your own eyes.

Regional pricing may be different, i don't get that, but if its a common practice fine, I'll assume its because different currencies, idk much about that as I only use USD, so I'm ignorant in that regard...

The xbox pack DOES come with plat... i have bought it before... that's typically the time I buy plat... I wait for packs and buy them to get plat... so imagine seeing that on xbox, and then shifting to PC and not knowing the PC version doesn't come with plat... if this is a regular thing for PC, fine... but it needs to change now in some way. Either a. they need to label that its exclusive to a console, but even then there could be some issues, but at least they've covered their bases by naming it in a way that tells people its different in some way... or b. they need to make the packs have the exact same items between each console... the prime packs should all have the exact same items, period... there is absolutely no reason not to. The only reason I could see someone doing this intentionally is to try and get more money out of people like me who don't realize this and then try to buy it again on another console, which i don't think is the case because as far as I know its one prime pack per account, or someone wants people to buy from them exclusively so they try to entice you with platinum, which would mean xbox blundered not DE, but then DE would still have to burden some blame for not noticing it sooner and working things out with xbox so something liek this doesn't happen... thats why i think it was just an oversight from before cross save and am not really blaming them... I'm disappointed, but everyone makes mistakes... But I'm bringing it to their attention so they can fix it, and more importantly so others know that is a thing to be weary of until it DOES get fixed...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SpencerPriest said:

I just showed you a picture that states it comes with plat... idk why you're arguing something you can see with your own eyes.

Regional pricing may be different, i don't get that, but if its a common practice fine, I'll assume its because different currencies, idk much about that as I only use USD, so I'm ignorant in that regard...

The xbox pack DOES come with plat... i have bought it before... that's typically the time I buy plat... I wait for packs and buy them to get plat... so imagine seeing that on xbox, and then shifting to PC and not knowing the PC version doesn't come with plat... if this is a regular thing for PC, fine... but it needs to change now in some way. Either a. they need to label that its exclusive to a console, but even then there could be some issues, but at least they've covered their bases by naming it in a way that tells people its different in some way... or b. they need to make the packs have the exact same items between each console... the prime packs should all have the exact same items, period... there is absolutely no reason not to. The only reason I could see someone doing this intentionally is to try and get more money out of people like me who don't realize this and then try to buy it again on another console, which i don't think is the case because as far as I know its one prime pack per account, or someone wants people to buy from them exclusively so they try to entice you with platinum, which would mean xbox blundered not DE, but then DE would still have to burden some blame for not noticing it sooner and working things out with xbox so something liek this doesn't happen... thats why i think it was just an oversight from before cross save and am not really blaming them... I'm disappointed, but everyone makes mistakes... But I'm bringing it to their attention so they can fix it, and more importantly so others know that is a thing to be weary of until it DOES get fixed...

Consoles come with plat as they only have 2 options for Prime access....Frame guns and Accessories and plat, or just accessories and plat. PC has NEVER had plat on Accessories only and is thus cheaper than console because of that...at least it was when i bought mesa prime on switch years ago. Dont have the switch now so cant comment on any changes since then, if any.

The reason that consoles are different is due to Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo being how they operate. Same reason for Console bound Tennogen and PC bound Tennogen.

Edited by Kalvorax

11 hours ago, SpencerPriest said:

I just showed you a picture that states it does not come with plat. Why are you arguing and being passive aggressive about it?

I've never played on console, so never purchased any prime access on console, however Kalvorax has elaborated that console prime access comes with plat, PC doesn't.

Why the US's packs are only $10USD in difference I don't overly know, but I can only chalk it up to regional pricing. Some places pay the equivalent of $10USD for the accessories, some pay $80USD for the accessories. It's all based on the countries general economy.
I can't say I know much about exactly how that's all calculated, but that's what is probably going on.

As for purchasing the packs on certain platforms, I personally would buy the accessories via steam, as it's cheaper by a significant enough margin, and I don't need the plat (I can trade that up easily).
In other areas of the world, it's likely better value to purchase them through Xbox/PS due to the pricing. That doesn't mean Steam is a scam, or there's something shady going on.

It's been like this for years. It's not going to change anytime soon.