Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Augment Ideas

Had a few ideas for wisp since her abilities have some rather underwhelming augments as it currently stands (if they even have one in the first place)

Phantom Rush (Will-o-wisp augment): Damage done while the clone is active will be stored, stored damage is released as sparks to nearby enemies as they travel.

The idea behind that one was to give it a more offensive application by letting you throw it somewhere you aren't fighting and let the sparks kill off enemies as you continue to fight elsewhere.

Nebula Burst (Breach Surge augment): Sparks have their damage quartered but will release a 4m (unaffected by range) patch of fire on impact. Spark damage will not trigger sparks.

I figured that this could be a fun alternative to the current version of breach surge, rather than one large impact have the full damage be spread over the course of say 6 seconds in a starry burst. This would give breach surge additional effectiveness in dealing with crowds while toning down its immediate damage. Not necessarily better but different. Reason I quartered the damage was because with the additional aoe and potential heat procs the overall total damage would come out to roughly the same provided enemies stayed in range.

Dark Matter (Sol-gate augment): Opening a portal to a black hole, Wisp creates an aoe of cold damage and minor suction. Incoming bullets are absorbed in a cone in front of you adding to the area's damage temporarily. 

Taking a bit of inspiration from both magnetize and danse macabre I figured it could be fun to have a version of sol gate where instead of more concentrated damage have it all be spread into a large aoe. To keep it more engaging though and still have a focus on facing enemies head on, the idea was to make the very front of it able to absorb damage like danse macabre or antimatter absorb to temporarily increase the damage it does to encourage a head on approach with a more defensive side by adding mass to the black hole.

• Like 1

On 2024-05-19 at 4:47 AM, LightlessIvara said:

Phantom Rush (Will-o-wisp augment): Damage done while the clone is active will be stored, stored damage is released as sparks to nearby enemies as they travel.

Nebula Burst (Breach Surge augment): Sparks have their damage quartered but will release a 4m (unaffected by range) patch of fire on impact. Spark damage will not trigger sparks.

I like these two, they're neat.

My only problem is with the last one, Dark Matter, since it just feels like completely redoing her entire ability instead of augmenting its effects. But other than that, these are some neat concepts. Although i can already see how you could combine Phantom Rush and Nebula Burst to get even more damage out of Breach Surge

Posted (edited)
On 2024-05-22 at 1:20 AM, NamelessUmbra said:

My only problem is with the last one, Dark Matter, since it just feels like completely redoing her entire ability instead of augmenting its effects. But other than that, these are some neat concepts. Although i can already see how you could combine Phantom Rush and Nebula Burst to get even more damage out of Breach Surge

That was merely taking inspiration from how I think augments should be, either an additional effect that would be too strong to have in the base ability or one that "augments" how the ability functions. Such as concentrated arrow on Ivara. I think the core concept of using it to stare down enemies with a high damage attack is still the same but instead of having as concentrated of a damage (especially with the heat procs a sun beam has) it instead is more of a wide angle area attack. It is still the same ability conceptually but with a different playstyle. This (in my opinion) would pair well with the upcoming changes to cold procs and have synergy with breach surge as for those that don't know, breach surge has a 100% crit chance and 1.5x crit mult and cold procs increase the crit damage enemies take. Even thematically I think it still fits as sol gate is merely opening a portal to a sun, I don't see why wisp couldn't open a portal to say a black hole instead.

Edited by LightlessIvara