The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I build Nikana Prime?

zren8000

Question

Most builds I see have Blood Rush + Weeping Wounds + Gladiator Might
I have all of the mods but I don't understand how to build it, like what mods to use, and what elements. Basically just everything, and would it be good with SP or will it kill nothing? Are the question I ask myself.

I know, the question's answer might be obvious to some but I suck at the building and always need help. You can also share your builds if you want ofc.

14 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

There are three major combo scaling builds (some do not require full set of slots to work, it leaves some slots as flex)

• Slash+low Viral - you need a bit of range, a bit of attack speed and unranked 60/60 cold and toxin mods (will be 15/15 really), why unranked? because you want to maximise the slash procs, while 1 viral proc already increases your damage by 100%. Example of low viral slash build.
  • pure Slash + Primer - you drop the Viral, to get more range and attack speed or even higher slash ratio. may have space for riven or glad mods This build also utilises CO. Primer is a (usually secondary) weapon that is modded so it adds as many Status types as possible. Most common secondary primers are Kuva Nukor and Epitaph, which are capable to affecting target with 5+ statuses in split second. Example of pure slash build.
  • Max elemental damage - best with combination of Melee Influence really, you mod electricity + low viral  or pure electricity.

There are also non combo builds that do not rely on BR/WW or having x12 combo.

If you suck a building you should learn the basics, not start with builds.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

There are three major combo scaling builds (some do not require full set of slots to work, it leaves some slots as flex)

• Slash+low Viral - you need a bit of range, a bit of attack speed and unranked 60/60 cold and toxin mods (will be 15/15 really), why unranked? because you want to maximise the slash procs, while 1 viral proc already increases your damage by 100%. Example of low viral slash build.
  • pure Slash + Primer - you drop the Viral, to get more range and attack speed or even higher slash ratio. may have space for riven or glad mods This build also utilises CO. Primer is a (usually secondary) weapon that is modded so it adds as many Status types as possible. Most common secondary primers are Kuva Nukor and Epitaph, which are capable to affecting target with 5+ statuses in split second. Example of pure slash build.
  • Max elemental damage - best with combination of Melee Influence really, you mod electricity + low viral  or pure electricity.

Do I put Viral on Epitaph? Also do I shoot enemies first then attack? May I have a build for Epitaph too?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, zren8000 said:

Do I put Viral on Epitaph? Also do I shoot enemies first then attack? May I have a build for Epitaph too?

Low budget Epitaph Primer

Yes, you put at least Viral on Epitaph (more status chance is beneficial). It already force procs Cold. Yes, you shoot and attack after, you may also shoot between attacks.

Edited by Zakkhar

22 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

May I have another example of a pure slash build, I don't have all of the mods.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zren8000 said:

May I have another example of a pure slash build, I don't have all of the mods.

Technically only Condition Overload, Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds are mandatory in that build. You can use normal Organ Shatter. You could use Pressure Point instead of Condition Overload but then there is no point in using Primer.

What kind of content you plan to be doing? For basic Starmap, you can just run low Viral, with Pressure point instead of Condition Overload and normal mods instead of Primed ones. Although I would advise getting Condition Overload, it is not as hard to get like before and will be pretty much mandatory for harder content. Just do a bit of Deimos content (it drops from mobs in Open World there).

Although I wouldnt use Viral Status build there, instead pure old school Corrosive without WW status scaling and maybe Drifting contact for QoL so you do not need to run Naramon. Mobs in Deimos are immune to Viral status procs (not Viral Damage).

You could use something like that for any melee weapon you plan tu run scaling slash build with (add Drifting Contact if you do not want Naramon):

fFr7wow.jpeg

You got Crit chance, crit damage, damage, speed and range as well as a bit of status.

Edited by Zakkhar

22 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Technically only Condition Overload, Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds are mandatory in that build. You can use normal Organ Shatter. You could use Pressure Point instead of Condition Overload but then there is no point in using Primer.

What kind of content you plan to be doing? For basic Starmap, you can just run low Viral, with Pressure point instead of Condition Overload and normal mods instead of Primed ones. Although I would advise getting Condition Overload, it is not as hard to get like before and will be pretty much mandatory for harder content. Just do a bit of Deimos content (it drops from mobs in Open World there).

Although I wouldnt use Viral Status build there, instead pure old school Corrosive without WW status scaling and maybe Drifting contact for QoL so you do not need to run Naramon. Mobs in Deimos are immune to Viral status procs (not Viral Damage).

You could use something like that for any melee weapon you plan tu run scaling slash build with (add Drifting Contact if you do not want Naramon):

fFr7wow.jpeg

You got Crit chance, crit damage, damage, speed and range as well as a bit of status.

image.png?ex=66594587&is=6657f407&hm=27a

I added CO because I'll be using a Primer (Got lucky and got a Kuva Nukor Magnetic on my Lich) and Gladiator Might for the CC and CD.

I will be keeping Naramon cuz no more space on Mod Config.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, zren8000 said:

I will be keeping Naramon cuz no more space on Mod Config.

You got space. If you gonna be Priming the PPP value is highly diminished by CO. Magnetic Kuva Nukor modded for Viral+Heat and max Status can proc: Radiation (innate), Magnetic (progenitor), Viral (modded), Heat (modded) and Microwave (hidden Nukor specific status type that slighly inflates enemies bodies and has nothing do do with Peculiar mods). That is 5 status types for 400% CO damage bonus if you add actually a Bleed proc (it counts itself) it is 6 for 480%.

Here is "my" build for reference. It procs 1 guarantieed and 80% chance for another status per tick (and added two 20% chances for another from Secondary Encumber). It has however pretty hefty fire rate and multishot. "My" because I am not the author, I just use it. Seeker allows you to affect more than 4 targets in Crowds, Eject Magazine Reloads it when you are meleeing. You can use Secondary Dexterity if you do not own Encumber and normal Diffusion/Sure Shot if you do not have Galvanized mods. Galvanized Shot lets it actually do damage instead of just priming.

z0FFfs3.jpeg

Edited by Zakkhar

On 2024-05-30 at 3:37 PM, Zakkhar said:

You got space. If you gonna be Priming the PPP value is highly diminished by CO. Magnetic Kuva Nukor modded for Viral+Heat and max Status can proc: Radiation (innate), Magnetic (progenitor), Viral (modded), Heat (modded) and Microwave (hidden Nukor specific status type that slighly inflates enemies bodies and has nothing do do with Peculiar mods). That is 5 status types for 400% CO damage bonus if you add actually a Bleed proc (it counts itself) it is 6 for 480%.

Here is "my" build for reference. It procs 1 guarantieed and 80% chance for another status per tick (and added two 20% chances for another from Secondary Encumber). It has however pretty hefty fire rate and multishot. "My" because I am not the author, I just use it. Seeker allows you to affect more than 4 targets in Crowds, Eject Magazine Reloads it when you are meleeing. You can use Secondary Dexterity if you do not own Encumber and normal Diffusion/Sure Shot if you do not have Galvanized mods. Galvanized Shot lets it actually do damage instead of just priming.

z0FFfs3.jpeg

I made my own build and told someone that I'd be using a primer, then they told me not to since bleed is good enough, tested on lvl 100+ enemies, seen them getting damaged over time

Posted (edited)

I made my own build and told someone that I'd be using a primer, then they told me not to since bleed is good enough, 

The primer increases the damage via Condition Overload (+80% dmg per status type) and by applying Viral.

tested on lvl 100+ enemies, seen them getting damaged over time

That is what Bleed does. But it works faster if enemy is affected by Viral (+100% dmg at once stack) and any other statuses (CO kicks in).

Some enemies die from the damage  + a small Bleed tick alone, but some other (Eximus, Thrax) may be beefier and require the priming.

Edited by Zakkhar

6 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

The primer increases the damage via Condition Overload (+80% dmg per status type) and by applying Viral.

That is what Bleed does. But it works faster if enemy is affected by Viral (+100% dmg at once stack) and any other statuses (CO kicks in).

Some enemies die from the damage  + a small Bleed tick alone, but some other (Eximus, Thrax) may be beefier and require the priming.

Slash bypasses shield right? And Viral makes enemies more vulnerable to damage? Meaning I'm able to do wayyy more dmg than I could?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, zren8000 said:

Slash bypasses shield right?

Make sure you do not mix this. Slash is the damage type, while Bleed is the status usually applied by Slash damage. Slash never bypassed anythinng. Bleed used to bypass shields, but it is not the cases any more (Toxin - both damage and Status does it now)

It just doesnt get reduced by armor damage reduction because it counts as True Damage type.

And Viral makes enemies more vulnerable to damage?

Viral status application, not Viral damage. At 1st stack +100% and then +25% for stacks 2-10 (10 is max) for total damage bonuss of 325% (it is different damage bonus than 400% from Condition overload, so it is not added, but multiplied).

Meaning I'm able to do wayyy more dmg than I could?

About 12x times more.

Edited by Zakkhar

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

Not any more. It just doesnt get reduced by armor damage reduction.

Viral status application, not Viral damage. At 1st stack +100% and then +25% for stacks 2-10 (10 is max) for total damage bonuss of 325% (it is different damage bonus than 400% from Condition overload, so it is not added, but multiplied).

About 12x times more.

What about Toxin? Can it bypass shield?

I'll use the build u gave me but that's some dmg.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, zren8000 said:

What about Toxin? Can it bypass shield?

I edited above because I realized you seem to be mixing status and damage type. Yes, both toxin damage and effect bypasses shields.

Edited by Zakkhar

13 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

I edited above because I realized you seem to be mixing status and damage type. Yes, both toxin damage and effect bypasses shields.

Sorry for my mistake, but someone told me to do Slash+Toxin, still don't know why.

I don't know alot about status effects so I just ask alot.