The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

void fissure reactants in endless mode still broken after a year.

So one solution is to just play those problematic Void fissure missions in Steel Path and just never play the normal Star Chart versions. Why? Because you reliably get more enemy spawns in Steel Path which solves part of the problem.

Actually, I recently played an SP Mars Interception Void fissure and was quite concerned with the players catching all 4 towers immediately before we even had a chance to collect 10 reactant. But yeah, somehow the spawns were ridiculous even for 4 players and we got the 10 reactant pretty quickly... not even close to 100% decoded message, maybe 50% when we got 10 reactant. In normal Star Chart fissures, at least for the first 2-3 rounds (especially in the Lith nodes), you usually have to catch just 3 towers to have enough time to get the 10 reactant (especially if you play solo! You have to initially "lose" to get the 10 reactant in those normal Interception fissures).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, trst said:

No but missing a jump repeatedly and not learning from the mistake is. The game is punishing you for reason, figure out what that is and learn from it.

since you refuse to read for the third time. again. your proposed "Advice" has already been tried. sometimes still not enough traces are dropped when afking like how you want players to play.

its clear nothing will get through to you though, so please leave if you are here to just disagree for the sake disagreement.

Edited by latetier

49 minutes ago, nslay said:

So one solution is to just play those problematic Void fissure missions in Steel Path and just never play the normal Star Chart versions. Why? Because you reliably get more enemy spawns in Steel Path which solves part of the problem.

Actually, I recently played an SP Mars Interception Void fissure and was quite concerned with the players catching all 4 towers immediately before we even had a chance to collect 10 reactant. But yeah, somehow the spawns were ridiculous even for 4 players and we got the 10 reactant pretty quickly... not even close to 100% decoded message, maybe 50% when we got 10 reactant. In normal Star Chart fissures, at least for the first 2-3 rounds (especially in the Lith nodes), you usually have to catch just 3 towers to have enough time to get the 10 reactant (especially if you play solo! You have to initially "lose" to get the 10 reactant in those normal Interception fissures).

and what if players have not unlocked the steel path node on the map?

On 2024-06-10 at 4:01 AM, latetier said:

after a year away, im stepping back into warframe and i find that the void fissure system is still utterly broken for endless missions like survival.

what is broken exactly?

void reactants. the 0/10 reactants you need to collect to crack open a relic.

sometimes the game just decides to not spawn enough enemies to drop enough reactants for your group. why? who knows?

some have said that its because groups "kill too fast". if that is the case, then this system is just badly designed. the general gameplay flow in a mission like survival is designed to be fast, move fast, shoot fast, but now players should AFK while mobs spawn? that is an extremely jarring design that gives whiplash.

furthermore i don't think it is solely the problem of players killing mobs too fast. random groups and i have sat and waited not killing anything and still not enough mobs that drop reactants ever appear.

im sure anyone that has played an endless mode for void traces has come across this problem at least once if not many times.

what solution should there be for it? i've already seen many people suggest good solutions for it. the best solution i've read is when one person picks up reactants, just make it count for everyone. (this already exists in railjack mode so it should not be a huge task to make it work everywhere else). but i would add cut the reactants you need to crack open the relic in half. that should be a really simple fix. instead of 10 just make it so u need 5.

That would be nice too many times people haven't gotten enough because they didn't drop and then don't get their reward definitely needs to be worked on there's so much to already work on though so realistically idk if or when they'd ever have the time.

On 2024-06-16 at 5:42 AM, OneOmniverse said:

That would be nice too many times people haven't gotten enough because they didn't drop and then don't get their reward definitely needs to be worked on there's so much to already work on though so realistically idk if or when they'd ever have the time.

its not a huge thing u need a team of people for though. like one guy could tweak some values for this. its not a huge ask

4 hours ago, latetier said:

its not a huge thing u need a team of people for though. like one guy could tweak some values for this. its not a huge ask

True, but we all know how that goes; no one ever does it. 

Huh. Endless standard in missions like Survival actually ends up being quite quick to crack relics for me and my partner, and we’re not even a full squad of spawns.

I know that missions like Interception can be fiddly and I’ve had my share of close calls in those missions, but outside of Interceptions usually it’s just a matter of just fighting the dudes; while we’re busy fighting, others nearby that we’re not fighting get turned if the ones we’re in the middle of fighting don’t get turned, and bingo bango the relic gets cracked surprisingly quickly compared to Interception (which I wouldn’t mind an adjustment to since it seems that close calls are frequent enough that it bears investigating)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Merkranire said:

Huh. Endless standard in missions like Survival actually ends up being quite quick to crack relics for me and my partner, and we’re not even a full squad of spawns.

I know that missions like Interception can be fiddly and I’ve had my share of close calls in those missions, but outside of Interceptions usually it’s just a matter of just fighting the dudes; while we’re busy fighting, others nearby that we’re not fighting get turned if the ones we’re in the middle of fighting don’t get turned, and bingo bango the relic gets cracked surprisingly quickly compared to Interception (which I wouldn’t mind an adjustment to since it seems that close calls are frequent enough that it bears investigating)

its a pretty common occurance in random publics to not get enough reactant for many reasons including people running 500m away to do their own thing.

now imagine having two of that type of player in the group. its hell.

another reason is as already stated previously in this thread, i have sat with a group in a room waiting for spawns and sometimes game says no. no spawns for you. depends on the layout of the rooms i guess? which should never happen. but it does.

Edited by latetier

13 minutes ago, latetier said:

its a pretty common occurance in random publics to not get enough reactant for many reasons including people running 500m away to do their own thing.

now imagine having two of that type of player in the group. its hell.

another reason is as already stated previously in this thread, i have sat with a group in a room waiting for spawns and sometimes game says no. no spawns for you. depends on the layout of the rooms i guess? which should never happen. but it does.

Right… I guess my partner and I tend to stick together while we move around. Plus we tend to be built for the content, so fighting and the systems that are based on things like fighting taking more than an eyeblink get a chance to occur

Hm. Maybe there’s something about the spawns and rate of corruption and sitting in a room? Usually the game tries to entice if not force us out of sitting in one area, and I’m wondering if this is another hidden mechanic, which might explain why not enough reactant is not a thing I’ve often come across (outside of Interceptions, as mentioned)