Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Cold procs don't activate Primary Frostbite properly.

Hi all, after the update I've noticed that there is a problem in the way cold procs interact with Primary Frostbite. I use a Verglas to accumulate cold procs on enemies so that I can activate Primary Frostbite. However, as can be seen in the screenshot, at 10 cold procs the enemy becomes frozen and rougly 6 stacks of Primary Frostbite have been added, instead of 10.

Also, no matter how long the beam from Verglas hits them, once frozen, they don't add any more stacks to Primary Frostbite and neither do any weapons with cold damage. Compared to before the update this prevents me from stacking Primary Frostbite, in an effective way. Thank you.

3Hb8vT8.jpeg

Edited by Yperkeimenos
Added furhter info
  • Like 5

After further testing these are my conclusions:

1) Once the enemies are frozen no other cold procs can be added due to being a limit of 10. This means that no matter how hard you hit frozen enemies no stacks can be added to Frostbite, until they thaw. This means that only 10 stacks can be added at a time.

2) Multishot, and status chance above 100%, complicate things even more. Stacking cold procs too fast can cause frostbite to count only half of them. So for example, if you accumulate 10 cold procs ,on an enemy, with a 150% status chance+multishot only 3 or 5 stacks of frostbite will be added. Fire rate seems unaffected by this.