The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

(Steam Deck) Unable to buy Platinum or Tennogen

Tearfull-Blade

Just downloaded JS update and Steam transaction bug on deck?? I'm playing on the oled steam deck, however when I try to buy something from the store that requires me to use steam deck transactions the following happens: it begins with "initiating steam transaction" , then opens the steam store overlay but just stays on a constant blue screen, indefinitely. I can go back to the game and nothing happens. I've checked my purchase history on steam and don't see any pending transactions. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Thanks 🙂

4 hours ago, Tearfull-Blade said:

Just downloaded JS update and Steam transaction bug on deck?? I'm playing on the oled steam deck, however when I try to buy something from the store that requires me to use steam deck transactions the following happens: it begins with "initiating steam transaction" , then opens the steam store overlay but just stays on a constant blue screen, indefinitely. I can go back to the game and nothing happens. I've checked my purchase history on steam and don't see any pending transactions. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Thanks 🙂

Hi Tearfull-Blade, we looked into this on our end, and we believe it was fixed in a recent Steam Deck Client beta update.

If you're using the Stable system update channel, you may continue to run into this issue until the fix is moved up from Preview/Beta.
However, if you're using the Preview/Beta channel, please update your Steam Deck Client and let us know if that solves the issue.

Both of these options can be done in the System settings of your Steam Deck:

beta-channel-4(1).jpg

Thanks!

Update: There's a new update to the Stable system update channel (June 18th) that should fix this issue.
If you're using either Beta or Stable channels, please update your Steam Deck, and you should be able to make transactions again.

https://www.steamdeck.com/en/news for more information.

Edited by [DE]Linkski