Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

The new UI doesnt tell any info

You made changes to health and armor, yet there is no information on what health and armor is for the enemies. Grineer is stated being weak towards corrosive and impact, but which damage type is the armor and health? Or Deimos Carnis for example: weak to blast and gas...how i am supposed to know which is the armor.

Edit: There is also a problem that in simulacrum the numerical values were deleted...which was very important info.

Edited by Faultron
  • Like 3

If I understand the changes correctly that shouldn't matter anymore, the weakness are applied to the faction not their health type. Full Armor stripping a Grineer shouldn't remove their Corrosive weakness for example

1 hour ago, DismalPanda said:

If I understand the changes correctly that shouldn't matter anymore, the weakness are applied to the faction not their health type. Full Armor stripping a Grineer shouldn't remove their Corrosive weakness for example

If this is true, they need to remove armor. This game now is more confusing than ever.

• Like 2

Armor still provides Percent Damage reduction. It is still a consideration for counter play to stronger units thou the armor rework is suppose to make partial stripping more viable rather than an all or nothing approach players would take to dealing with it before

This entire health rework has had the goal to try to simplify damage weaknesses and resistances across the factions. So one set of elements is good against the bulk of a faction where before there were some outliers. Alloy armor that Heavy Gunners and Bombard used being weak to Radiation rather than Corrosive unlike Ferrite that the rest of the bulk of Grinner units used. The whole sub-factions thing makes this weird IMO but at least its listed on the node where said faction resides for convince

You now basically want to mod for whatever the faction is weak against and a damage modifier (Corrosive/Viral/Magnetic).

For example, Sentients are now weak to Cold. So, instead of Viral+Slash that focused on true damage bypassing their Armor and getting buffed by Viral, you should now use Corrosive+Cold, where Corrosive will buff the damage dealt by Cold.

Alternatively, if you can defence strip, you can mod Viral+faction weakness.

The system promotes build variety but only if you want to mod for specific factions. You can still use the same builds like before and they will work well except for the Slash focused ones. This is because Grineer received base Health buffs and Armor reduction.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

You now basically want to mod for whatever the faction is weak against and a damage modifier (Corrosive/Viral/Magnetic).

For example, Sentients are now weak to Cold. So, instead of Viral+Slash that focused on true damage bypassing their Armor and getting buffed by Viral, you should now use Corrosive+Cold, where Corrosive will buff the damage dealt by Cold.

Alternatively, if you can defence strip, you can mod Viral+faction weakness.

The system promotes build variety but only if you want to mod for specific factions. You can still use the same builds like before and they will work well except for the Slash focused ones. This is because Grineer received base Health buffs and Armor reduction.

I actually disagree with that. Faction dmg now is capped 50%, it was 75% before.  Corrosive+cold is lot weaker compare to cor+heat vs sentients.  Not to mention the game tells me to use rad/cold vs sentients. If someone is new to the game they will not understand why, the suggested dmg deal 0 dmg. DE failed again, the game is more confusing than before. The game literally telling me to use radiation vs sentients and murmur, yet corrosive+heat works or viral slash. Viral+slash is still very strong, and i even say it was buffed. Now melts every faction, not only grineer.(btw i allways used viral+slash with heat) The funny thing is DE suggest blast/gas vs deimos infested. Both viral+slash+heat or corrosive+heat(+slash) are better. Slash has no negative modifier now. Before the jade update, the game didnt lied to me, just didnt explain anything. Now the game lies.