Stalker Mode in Relay

A strange bug occurred when I attempted to join a Belly of the Beast squad as Stalker. When the countdown finished, I was never placed in the mission. The game, thinking I am playing as Stalker despite being in the Relay, kept my name as "???" with a fake MR30, along with preventing me from chatting (I could still SEE chat), and preventing me from changing loadouts, limiting my pause menu as well.

I also entered Navigation to see this:
image-2024-06-19-221459511.png
This, from my knowledge, is an unreleased Stalker Mode meant only for DE. Somehow, I got into a broken version, where available Nodes are not shown, and the Railjack/Duviri menus are also affected. Duviri's Nodes can still be selected, resulting in "SEARCHING TARGETS" (or similar) appearing. I canceled it to prevent issues, though this could allow players to mess with Duviri games.
Although it is pretty amusing and fun to see this mode actually in-game, it should be fixed as it is VERY unfinished, and makes issues.
Thanks!

I've found the cause!
If a player matchmakes for "A Shared Purpose" (AKA Belly of the Beast Stalker Mode), and the squad is disbanded, left, canceled, disconnected, etc before the mission countdown ends, the player will be stuck in Stalker Mode.
This can be temporarily mitigated by trying to matchmake again or leaving the Relay.

9 hours ago, matt11mz said:

Did you ever find out what happens if you try to start a non-event mission?

I didn't, but I DID select a Duviri mission. When I did, I DID "acquire a target", and was about to join a game as "???". I decided against it because I didn't want to break someone's game, and Stalker Mode is most likely NOT meant for Duviri at all.

UPDATE: The Hotfix didn't fix entering Stalker Mode, but now you can actually join games and invade squads as Stalker. (Or at least, it shows the player count on planets now)

ANOTHER UPDATE

10 hours ago, matt11mz said:

Did you ever find out what happens if you try to start a non-event mission?

56 minutes ago, Nantokaman said:

I didn't, but I DID select a Duviri mission. When I did, I DID "acquire a target", and was about to join a game as "???". I decided against it because I didn't want to break someone's game, and Stalker Mode is most likely NOT meant for Duviri at all.

I found out! You can join a mission, and like the Operation, it WILL count you as Stalker, as an ALLY with Tenno.
WTF is going on????

Citation

I found out! You can join a mission, and like the Operation, it WILL count you as Stalker, as an ALLY with Tenno.
WTF is going on????

And here I started to have evil thoughts about this 😈...

• Like 1

On 2024-06-20 at 6:41 PM, mrsalmon666 said:

I wonder if anyone has run into the bug that im encountering it basically doesn’t let me move in the mission as stalker and im invisible its so weird 

I have encountered this. Less often now, but still there.
No clue how it happens. I'd recommend making another Topic in bug reports, as this Topic is about Stalker Mode in other missions.