The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Melee Animations Stop working.

Gilipheoun

Is as it sounds. I swing sword. No sword swings (No animation of swing). But it still hits.

Seem to happen after going into open world, then heading back out. Started another Vault bounty on Demios and came out of the door and have no animations for my attacks. But again they still make contact. Im on PC, Win 10.

Also when running in 3rd person and no aiming down sights. My primary and secondary don't correct to Aim at enemy. Just the bullets go in the direction of target.

INTERESTING NOTE: As I was typing this. My character died. I revived and now the animations are back. Im at such a loss as to why this happens. Was trying to grab a screenshot.
Anyone else run into this? started happening just before jade shadows launched and now happens rather often.

• Like 11

UPDATE: It happens when using your melee out of archwing. I heavy attack to land and the sword just stays in neutral pose.
I started another open world bounty, headed outside, used archwing from gear wheel. Went to grab some loot from the area. Then when I went to melee out of archwing, and the animations broke. Let myself die again, and sure enough it fixed itself.

Next one will be a screenshot. Only seems to do it once after activating a bounty from inside. Honestly a very strange interaction.

• Like 7

This happens sometimes when im in orb valis. Its been a while ive on deimos so i dont know how r things there. But its funny approaching corpus and they just die like i have some invisible magic. I dont know why but it only happened after jade update came out just like fishing bug. But at least this one isnt as bad as being unable to fish.

• Like 4

Cheers! Im currently watching the wife play and its happened to her twice in orb vallis and once in the plains. Its for sure the arch-wing, and melee out of arch-wing causes it to happen. I haven't experienced the Fishing bug yet. Knock on wood. I need a URL to post a pic and I dont have one or familiar with the system. But if someone wouldnt mind getting a vid or something together that would be much appreciated.

Thanks Again!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Happened to me yesterday doing bounties on Zariman. No clue what started it but I melee attacked throughout my mission and didnt see a single animation.

• Like 7

Been noticing this off and on with my Garuda's talons; most often seems to start/stop around the time of using her 1st ability (??), occasionally fixes itself but usually not.

• Like 3

Jade Shadows update.  This happens very frequently.  I cant seem to find a trigger for it.  It happens completely randomly and persists throughout the entire mission.  Its like my warframe is standing still when i swing the weapon even though the hits still register but there is no melee animation.

• Like 5

This particular bug happens random.
And it is SO much ruining my enjoyment of the game, because im pure melee enjoyer. And i enjoy animations.
This? Is like playing tetris instead of warframe.. honestly.
I cannot fathom that this isnt fixed ASAP.

• Like 3

I encountered this bug while doing the Call of Tempestarii quest, since I didn't want to quit out and come back, I decided to just deal with it. The more I played the more things stopped working, specifically I became unable to switch weapons, use secondary fire, my primary weapon animation became slightly skewed, and my cursor is now off center. These things all happened in succession to the melee bug so I'm posting here in case it may be related.
(spoiler mode fixes the cursor, but everything else remains broken)

Image of off-center cursor

Edited by 27thBanana
added information
  • Like 3

On 2024-07-16 at 2:56 AM, 27thBanana said:

I encountered this bug while doing the Call of Tempestarii quest, since I didn't want to quit out and come back, I decided to just deal with it. The more I played the more things stopped working, specifically I became unable to switch weapons, use secondary fire, my primary weapon animation became slightly skewed, and my cursor is now off center. These things all happened in succession to the melee bug so I'm posting here in case it may be related.
(spoiler mode fixes the cursor, but everything else remains broken)

Image of off-center cursor

I had the exact same thing happen during the quest! I get the melee no animation bug alot, which is really annoying when you main Valkyr Prime, but during the quest no weapons worked :/

• Like 3

Just wanna say I'm also experiencing this. What's odd is that it wasn't happening until I switched warframes on Deimos.

Also noticing that aiming animations are busted too. Frame doesn't move with crosshair.

The bug also triggers when I return to and then leave the necralisk.

On ps5

Edited by Akafuyu
  • Like 3