Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

status rework is an inconsistent mess and I don't like it

It was BEAUTIFUL how you managed to create such a complex system where everything made sense. Example. Corrosive counters armor, so it is strong against Grineer. Because they use armor, duh.

Now all of a sudden when an enemy gets corrupted they gain a completely new arbitrary vulnerability? Why? They still have armor?! They still are Grineer too btw...

But your corrosive still strips their armor, so you have 2 competing systems in place!!! And this is supposed to be a simplification?

If you wanted to simplify the system you could have just removed vulnerabilities alltogether and let status effects be the only factor. You'd still use corrosive against Grineer (or viral with a slash build) or Magnetic against Corpus, or gas against Infested. Because of the status effects. Maybe you'd use new blast against Infested. Or radiation for something more defensive. Or, or or. You'd gain flexibility but the element would still be relevant. If all that is too much loadout swapping for you then you can use a weapon less based on status.

OR you could have just reduced the amount of "materials" instead of removing them alltogether in favor of some random "faction weakness". Why must infested have 5 types of skin? Why are there 2 types of shield alone and 2 types of armor? (I don't mind, but you do, apparently).

I really hope I get used to this. After all this isn't the first time you are reworking this. On an 11 year old game... Will you figure it out at some point or can we expect changes again?

• Like 2

I agree a lot of the new stuff is unintuitive, like how armor-stripped Grineer continue being weak to Corrosive. Still an improvement over the old system, played for a decade with zero idea the mechanical difference between Flesh, Cloned Flesh, and Infested Flesh. It also didn't really matter, which is the problem with the new system. Arsenal damage scaling now drastically outpaces enemy EHP scaling, so by the time you hit late game, Steel Path feels like basic star chart, no elements nor resistances matter anymore, everything immediately falls over unless you deliberately gimp your loadout.

• Like 1