The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Refreshing Old Dojo. Can I do this?

Zanchak

Question

I've just come back after another long break and I have a really old Dojo with all of the old clan halls that are just sadly dated at this point. I desperately want to use some of the new rooms so I started out just attaching them off the sides of things but it's just not satisfying or efficient but Im not sure what else has changed in terms of Dojo creation.

I know that the parent-child system still exists, not sure if anything about it has changed.
I'm not sure which, if any, of the new rooms can be spawn rooms (using the room console not the pad)

So my questions are:

Do  I need ANY of the old clan halls for capacity now? 

and

Could I just start a new branch off the side of the current old one, ie: create a new reactor area and a new spawn and a new area of all the stuff we need and then delete everything behind it (including old clan halls) Is there anything that would make that not work? It's working in my head as long as I have a new spawn with everything new after it but I'm not sure.

I was going to start from.. the start, but it would take FAR too long to delete every single piece to get back to the first baby clan hall and THEN start over lol, thats why Im wondering if I could just build anew off the side somewhere and eventually all the old stuff would be gone when I get to it.

Any advice would be appreciated!

2 answers to this question

To @Zanchak : " I know that the parent-child system still exists, not sure if anything about it has changed."

NO change

To @Zanchak : "if any, of the new rooms can be spawn rooms (using the room console not the pad) "

No need for either as :

Update 35.5 (2024-03-27) New Fast Travel Menus: Dojo : No longer shall you need to journey through layers of menus to fast travel! You can now hold the Gear Wheel/Decrees binding (default “Q” on keyboard) in the Dojo to bring up a radial menu.

To @Zanchak : "Could I just start a new branch off the side of the current old one ?"

Note that certain conditions must be met before the Dojo will allow an architect to queue a room for destruction.

1. For most Dojo rooms, the base requirement is that no other rooms be attached as child components.
  2. You can't if the room in question is a prerequisite for other Dojo rooms. This primarily applies to Clan Halls, Barracks, and Research Labs.
  3. For Reactors, the energy provided by the reactor cannot be in use elsewhere in the Dojo. A basic rule of thumb is that there must be at least 25 extra energy in the Dojo Energy pool before a reactor can be removed.

Also for design, you can ask some Dojo designer for tips... they also have discord (""may"" be faster than forum).

Cheers for the response! @RLanzinger

I hadn't even opened the wheel and noticed you could fast travel lol I was mostly thinking for trade purposes insofar as setting a spawn room but I guess thats what the pad is for perhaps, to make sure they land where you want them to.

It's definitely the deletion thats my concern, because I don't want to start a new "branch" and then be unable to delete all the old stuff anyway, clan halls in particular. I know when you set new spawns, it changes the "parent" so I was hoping to start building off an empty end and set a new parent that way.  I'd basically be building an entire new dojo attached to it and deleting old stuff as I go. Might have to go that discord route lol