Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sevagoth's Passive Literally Does Not Function With Eximus Units Existing

Flannoit

Yes, hi. Hello. I admit, the title is very mouthy. I will also admit that at the moment I'm feeling particularly agitated because this is a consistent problem and it massively bloats mission time because I essentially either have to somehow kill myself or wait for an enemy to kill me just so I can get back to playing the game.

The problem? Eximus units are immune to Consume, and Consume while Sevagoth's death defy passive is active does not contribute to his revival when striking an Eximus unit with Overguard up. It's also incredibly difficult to make Sevagoth do anything BUT move and use Consume when his death defy is active, as him being able to do melee during it feels more like a bug with button inputs than anything since by default all melee buttons instead trigger Consume instead of actually performing melee attacks under most scenarios.

This makes it so if Sevagoth is downed in an area surrounded by predominantly - or in some missions exclusively - Eximus units, you're stuck waiting to either die a 2nd time or finding a way to kill yourself to force the game to let you actually revive by spending one of your allotted revives that mission. This is incredibly frustrating.

Sevagoth's passive is frankly terrible and was wonky at best prior to the rework of Eximus units, but now it's blatantly useless as harder missions and especially longer missions tend to get choked with Eximi faster and in larger numbers, making Sevagoth more of a sitting duck than he already was when alive.

Don't get me wrong - I adore Sevagoth. He is one of my favorite frames. His passive is quite literally just terrible. We already got a drastically better alternative thanks to the Tenno Way revamp that came around the time of Angels of Zariman via Last Gasp, however Sevagoth's passive just completely disables Last Gasp entirely rendering it useless and forcing Sevagoth players to use a massively worse death defy in every shape and form.

I have frequently found myself wishing his passive would straight-up be deleted because it negatively impacts his gameplay massively. I would like it if, bare minimum, either:

1. Consume on Eximus units counted for his passive
  2. You could disable his passive and allow Last Gasp to be used instead
  3. Last Gasp triggered FIRST and if THAT failed (either by time out or operator being defeated) THEN his passive would kick in allowing you to try to revive yourself that way
  4. It was not tied exclusively to Consume, Sevagoth could do at minimum melee attacks like normal, and ANY enemies defeated either via Consume or melee attacks counted for his passive.

His passive is so ridiculously bad. Please. I am begging you. Make his passive less bad. Thank you for your time.

While you're here, hi hello check out other Sevagoth changes I would like to see:

Edited by Flannoit
i accidentally a words
  • Like 1

I would like to second this regarding his self-rez ability: it put me off using him for a very long time. The fact that all he can do in that mode is his forward rush - which is less damaging than the shadow's basic melee - it makes it really hard to hit things, control your movement and actually do enough damage to get the necessary kills to self-rez. If his passive self-rez even put you in shadow mode with just (modded) basic melee and rush on their normal keys for his normal shadow form it would be better, or even just his basic modded melee.

Also the fact that his self-rez overwrites the operator self-rez alone makes it cease being a passive bonus and more just an alternative (currently worse at that) - this also goes for Inaros' self-rez of course. To make it a true passive bonus as other passives are meant to be you should get two chances: the frame and the operator self-rez attempts. Otherwise, Nidus and Wukong just do death avoidance better (but less fun/interactive).

And all of this is before you even add in eximus units.

• Like 2

I do understand why by design they wanted to make the self revive a little challenging. But the on hit kill capacity of the altered consume ability not really working when overguard is present is problematic in high level with the eximus units being often the last one standing when you need a revive. And the fact that your modding still affect this altered ability is pretty annoying rather than being welcome. I have a bit of range on my Shadow build and when I use consume it makes me zoom forward with such velocity, it's not reliable for aiming at an enemy, it's just better used if I'm in melee range so it immediately stops on kill. And overall that weird how precise you need to be for the game to actually register that you hit something with consume. I often literally walk on enemies faces and it doesn't count.

Also today this passive is really comparable to Inaros' new passive. And it's surprising that Inaros gets to be invulnerable while reviving when Sevagoth's Shadow doesn't and overall has lower tankiness stats than Inaros who would probably often still be fine without the invulnerability.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rathalio said:

I do understand why by design they wanted to make the self revive a little challenging. But the on hit kill capacity of the altered consume ability not really working when overguard is present is problematic in high level with the eximus units being often the last one standing when you need a revive. And the fact that your modding still affect this altered ability is pretty annoying rather than being welcome. I have a bit of range on my Shadow build and when I use consume it makes me zoom forward with such velocity, it's not reliable for aiming at an enemy, it's just better used if I'm in melee range so it immediately stops on kill. And overall that weird how precise you need to be for the game to actually register that you hit something with consume. I often literally walk on enemies faces and it doesn't count.

Also today this passive is really comparable to Inaros' new passive. And it's surprising that Inaros gets to be invulnerable while reviving when Sevagoth's Shadow doesn't and overall has lower tankiness stats than Inaros who would probably often still be fine without the invulnerability.

7 hours ago, Cyba_Zero said:

I would like to second this regarding his self-rez ability: it put me off using him for a very long time. The fact that all he can do in that mode is his forward rush - which is less damaging than the shadow's basic melee - it makes it really hard to hit things, control your movement and actually do enough damage to get the necessary kills to self-rez. If his passive self-rez even put you in shadow mode with just (modded) basic melee and rush on their normal keys for his normal shadow form it would be better, or even just his basic modded melee.

Also the fact that his self-rez overwrites the operator self-rez alone makes it cease being a passive bonus and more just an alternative (currently worse at that) - this also goes for Inaros' self-rez of course. To make it a true passive bonus as other passives are meant to be you should get two chances: the frame and the operator self-rez attempts. Otherwise, Nidus and Wukong just do death avoidance better (but less fun/interactive).

And all of this is before you even add in eximus units.

Trapped on mobile because the website won't let me log in on Firefox but thank you both for your input. It's a very dire problem.

Another issue I run into is that my passive damage on Sevagoth is just too good so more often than not everything that Consume works on is being nuked by his DoT so it ends up becoming a battle against myself

1 minute ago, Flannoit said:

Another issue I run into is that my passive damage on Sevagoth is just too good so more often than not everything that Consume works on is being nuked by his DoT so it ends up becoming a battle against myself

That's very true, and that's what I had in mind when I said that "eximus are often the last one standing when you need a revive".

Sometimes Shadow bugs a bit and I can swing my claws for 1 or 2 hits before I get restricted, funnily enough bugs here make it nicer xD

6 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

That's very true, and that's what I had in mind when I said that "eximus are often the last one standing when you need a revive".

Sometimes Shadow bugs a bit and I can swing my claws for 1 or 2 hits before I get restricted, funnily enough bugs here make it nicer xD

It's baffling how the bugs make it useful LOL sadly melee kills don't count still but sometimes I get lucky and can break Overguard and  face-to-floor hit them with Consume