Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Randomly dying with no enemies in Archon defense

leachPrime

This week July 1 monday, 2024, Archon Amar, defense, mars tileset, solo. 

During the transition of round, about 4 or 5 wave left, I suddenly died without anyone attacking me. I was playing Saryn prime with my shield gate build. That happened to me 3 times (Sadly I have no video. I will attach when I have one).

So I switched to Mesa prime. It happened again. I didn't die because I have two Umbral mods on my mesa so I have extra health. I noticed a few things.

(1)It was a random explosion

(2)No enemy was shooting it

(3)It has a certain amount of very high damage

(4)It can bypass shield and shield gate

(5)Usually happens around 5 or 4 or 3 waves left. 

(6)The explosion also deals damage to chipper and instantly downed him

(7)There was no radiation proc on me

(8)As far as I know, players in Q&A chat doesn't seem to understand what I was talking about.

Edit: I checked EE.log and it says:

"Died of natural causes. Source of damage was NULL source, source object type was NULL source object type"

Edit: I was using Kuva Ogris with rifle elementalist and Nightwatch Napalm. 

Edit: I also forgot to unequip the ogris after switching up to Mesa. So i was using ogris for both of the frame. 

Please DE, fix this. It was very tiring to play the mission. It's already bad enough. Having to restart all the way without my fault makes it so much worse. 

Edited by leachPrime
  • Like 1

@leachPrime If you have not started the game up again since this happened, your logs should be able to indicate what specifically killed you. You can generate them from the launcher settings or find them in "%localappdata%/Warframe" - the EE one will have that info, I'd just search for "killed" or "downed" and find what specifically it was, so the devs have a better idea of what enemy to focus on rather than looking at all potential spawns in the mission.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nekomian said:

@leachPrime If you have not started the game up again since this happened, your logs should be able to indicate what specifically killed you. You can generate them from the launcher settings or find them in "%localappdata%/Warframe" - the EE one will have that info, I'd just search for "killed" or "downed" and find what specifically it was, so the devs have a better idea of what enemy to focus on rather than looking at all potential spawns in the mission.

Thanks I will search it.

15 minutes ago, Nekomian said:

It says "Died of natural causes. Source of damage was NULL source, source object type was NULL source object type"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leviathis_Krade said:

was it a sentient energy core?

the thing that can fully restore energy or explode if not picked up.

The damage type was "NULL" as it was shown in EE.log. I don't know what that means tho. Even if it was sentient core explosion, it shouldn't bypass my shield. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PSN)BAM-BAM-73 said:

Just a hunch but I wonder if blast effects are queued and are triggering way later than they should be if there are to many to process at a given time.  I may be way off though.  Hence the suggestion to run the mission with no ability to proc blast and then see if the problem goes away.

I was playing Saryn with Kuva Ogris in Netracells no problem. The Amar defense this week is the first time I'm encountering it.

I really want DE to look into this issue. Even days after posting this, I'm still seeing similar things relating to instant random death and "NULL" type damage.

People failing defense missions, instantly dying which are just not fun.

Recently on MCGamerCZ channel(YouTube), while he was testing Phantasma prime with blast, he instantly died without any reason. Thousands of health instantly gone under a second.

It happened around 5:14. Edit: Start at 5:10 because you need to see his health.

The instant death when using blast and "NULL" must mean there is something wrong with blast damage in general.

Edited by leachPrime