Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Clarification On The New Physical Damage Mods

serbobiv

I thought they worked the same way the elemental/old AP mods did, and added an amount based on the total damage of the weapon, but they seem to only use their damage type to determine the increase (so a weapon with 100 base damage but no slashing would get no benefit what so ever from a slashing mod)

Thought i would clarify that... had a slashing mod on my Torrid for a while, and noticed that it was giving absolutely no benefit to my damage.

That is true, the three base damage types do not get added, only increased, if you apply a mod. This is probably to not make it too easy to remove the base specilization from weapons. Like the Tigris beeing based mostly on slashing or the Lex beeing a piercing weapon. With the mods working like they used to, they could be both turned into dealing pretty much any damage type effectivly, cause of the high value of their respective main damage type.

If this realy works out as planned, especially since the new combined elemental types are so useful, is the other question.

So in other words the Impact, Puncture or Slash mods are stupidly under powered.

Even if the Impact, Puncture or Slash mods are applied before things like Serration or Pressure point all that will do is raise the mods effect from 30% (Rifle) to 80%. WOO grand total of 5% more than an elemental mod! - IF you are boosting the stat that is 100% of your damage! If not multiply bey the puny percentage of your total base damage you are increasing! Example: times .33 for Brakk so the mod's effect is... (Drum role please)... 26%. Underwhelming isn't it?