Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Week Of Titan Extractors: How Have Your Experiences Been?

Trainer772

I've been using them to try and gather Circuits and Orokin Cells. Only gotten Cells once (got 4), and about 7k Circuits all up (awesome!). However, it really points out the fact that Alloy Plate are way too common, being on both planets that have Circuits, as well as coming in about 3x the amounts.

I've built about 10 or more titan extractors and lost most of them.

I constantly deploy them on Saturn with the hopes of collecting some orokin cells. No luck yet collecting those.

However I have collected large amounts of plastids and nano spores there, which is good.

I currently use two titan extractors, though not at the same time, for it is not possible:

Whenever one gets beat up on the job, I collect it and deploy the second one while the first one heals.... and so on.

I haven't lost any more titan extractors since implementing these "prospecting shifts".

Guys.... they repair automatically when sitting in inventory. Just build twice as many extractors as you can field and cycle them. I have yet to lose a single one over a week of use.

Yep, I can deploy 4, I have 8 built.  Just swap them out if they get damaged at all.  Haven't got any cells, but I've gotten a lot of other resources.  

Also, Titan Prime Extractors use Nanospores and Alloy Plate to build.  I don't mean to open up the Prime Access discussion, but it's nice to be able to build them with free mats.  I'm not sure I would use them if they required Ferrite.

they've been pretty garbage for me personally. i've averaged checking mine about twice a day since the extractors were added and they still have yet to S#&$ out any orokin cells or other rares. stockpiling some of the other semi-rare materials make the extractors just barely worth bothering with. if they didn't repair themselves and required newly-built replacements they'd be a total joke for the price and hassle involved. they shouldn't even have hp, it just seems like dumb feature padding to make them seem like they have more depth than they actually do.

honestly the system seems like a waste of programming effort for so little effect. i hope it's expanded so we can invest credits/materials for effectiveness or something. turn it into a real feature

Now that they repair it is worth the build cost to use them. I have still yet to get a rare resource so I have changed my strategy and I keep them ddeployed on low level planets for common resources that I am always in need of. It's nice to not have to play a few otherwise worthless missions for things like polymer, ferrite, and salvage that you need to build consumable ciphers and restores.

Now I love my little extractors

The fact that they can be repaired really made them more useful for me. I keep them active for common material I don't care to farm and can focus on actively farming the rare ones I need (I need few rare ones). 

Slap their health bar on the deployment screen and add a ribbon on it and I'm quite happy with that system.