Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Trading System 'to Be'

PopTartZombie

When listening in on the Q & A, I heard the devs talk about something I was anticipating, and that thing was trading. I had introduced my friend to this game, we now play often together, and we were discussing the trading system they were thinking about placing in the game. While trying to keep it on the immersive side by making trading clan and friend only, I was thinking, you could still throw a WTB and WTS up there, then just add them to make the trade. A thing that would make this a lot more deterring to the WTB/WTS immersion breakers would be to implement a waiting period before permissions to trade would take effect. With friends, I was thinking a 7 day waiting period between first add and tradeability (made up word? lol) When it comes to clan mates, the time period would be lessened, due to clans having applications and various requirements to join, it wouldn't be as simple as an add > trade, so I thought roughly 5 days would be adequate. This would, imo, veer any WTB/WTS commerce enthused player away from breaking immersion. Thus patching the unwanted loophole before it became a problem.

Trading is a fantastic idea if done right, but as it stands there isn't really much reason to trade besides L30 weapons, materials and blueprints. There needs to be more to trade really. But then again I can't really see much of a need for credits either once you've bought all the stuff.

But I digress from what my point would be - which is that if we're going to have a trading system we need a trading hub. An area people can all go and look at other peope's in-game tenno's. Personally I think the Foundry should be a place, not a boring little tab on your solar view window. The point anyway is that a trading hub always promotes social interaction, which is something this game seems to lack on the scale of all it's other features. Most people I've met are "one mission allies" who disappear into the universe on their own little mission once our time is done spanking the Grineer, Corpus or Infested.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope they implement Mod Trade System :/

Mods are changing in Update 7. We will see what they do in Update 7 when it comes to trading since like others pointed out, there's not much to be able to trade yet.

An area people can all go and look at other peope's in-game tenno's. Personally I think the Foundry should be a place, not a boring little tab on your solar view window.

I agree absolutelly. Social district would be really nice, a place where you can find a raid party and trade stuff with other players.

I have to agree with PTZ, trading is nice, and would make a wonderful addition into the game, but it needs to be heavily restricted, otherwise you'll get spammers and people who play the market game (gold hoarders) [or credits in this case]

However, one of the bigger reasons id like to see a trade system is due to how difficult it is to get abilities for other suits (if you know something i dont, please share) My friend and I have been playing for a little over a week and we still cant get anything but the "final" abilites of each suit. Easily 4 copies of each ability (except, of course, for the suit i want), and i have yet to get any of the lesser abilities, however, my friend has 3/4 of the abilites for my suit and we're unable to swap for the ability he wants.

So: Addition of trade = good

Unrestricted trade = bad

I have to agree with PTZ, trading is nice, and would make a wonderful addition into the game, but it needs to be heavily restricted, otherwise you'll get spammers and people who play the market game (gold hoarders) [or credits in this case]

However, one of the bigger reasons id like to see a trade system is due to how difficult it is to get abilities for other suits (if you know something i dont, please share) My friend and I have been playing for a little over a week and we still cant get anything but the "final" abilites of each suit. Easily 4 copies of each ability (except, of course, for the suit i want), and i have yet to get any of the lesser abilities, however, my friend has 3/4 of the abilites for my suit and we're unable to swap for the ability he wants.

So: Addition of trade = good

Unrestricted trade = bad

I second this. Back before the mod change it was mostly okay, but now it's annoying because I have about ten Radial Blind mods, and my friend has several World on Fire mods. Except we have opposite frames, so it's just frustrating when we pick up mods like that.