The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Invincible MOA

Chaos_Ichijin

Sorry if this is a bit of a necro. A google search brought me to this post.

I had one just a few minutes ago on a disruption mission. I kept getting hit by the Jade laser and that was the only enemy about. No health bar and hitting it with frost abilities did nothing to freeze it.

Hello everyone at DE!
I unfortunately have another bug for you too look into. I am exclusively a Xbox player, so I cannot say if this bug is present in the game on other platforms.

Here's what I've been experiencing:
In any endless mission type where MOA units spawn (including Void Fissure and Corrupted Void units), at some point an indestructible MOA Eximus will spawn. Sometimes even more than one unit at a time.
These MOAs are immune to all weapon damage, but they do take damage from Warframe abilities that deal direct damage to a target. What I mean by "direct damage" ability is a Warframe ability that directs damage to a specifically targeted enemy unit, as apposed to area damage effects. Examples I have tested are Wisp's Sol Gate works as usual on these MOAs, while Garuda's Seeking Talons does not seem to do anything.

These indestructible MOA units also display no unit name or level, have no visible overshields/shield/health bar, and no Eximus aura (the color coordinated visual glow fx Eximus units usually have). The only way I know that they are in fact Eximus units specifically is because a.) they can use their assigned Eximus ability (i.e. energy drain, health leech, jade light, ect.) and b.) their total hit point pool is much larger than the standard, non-Eximus versions they are spawning with.

I started to notice this bug occurring when Jade Eximus units were added with the Jade Shadows update, and is still occurring after the latest hotfix. I have mostly been encountering these indestructible MOA units in Survival and Extraction missions; they seem more rare in Defense and Interception missions. They also seem more likely to spawn on Corpus missions, especially Void Fissures on Corpus nodes. While this isn't game breaking for an experienced player like myself, this bug could be really daunting to newer players, especially those who struggle with Eximus units as is.

gDiKUQC.png
Invincible MOA Eximus units spawn in endless type missions, when targeted show no name, no lvl #, shield or health bar and are immune to all weapon damage.

1SAurGv.png
Only Warframe abilities that do damage directly to a target seem to be effective at defeating these invincible MOA units.

wN3XHkU.png
Abilities like Wisp Prime's Sol Gate are currently the only effective way of dealing with these bugged MOA units.

Please fix this as soon as possible DE. Thanks.

Edited by (XBOX)GawdSamIt7473
Added In-Game Screenshots

Situation:

• Playing Solo on PC
  • Standard Star Chart
  • Meso Void Fissure
  • Survival on Elara, Jupiter

Loadout:

• Ivara Prime
  • Boltor Prime
  • Furis Prime
  • Dokrahm Zaw
  • Smeeta Kavat

Encountering some specific Vapos Moa Eximi with the following properties:

• Always Corpus Vapos Moa Eximus in Gas City. Encountered variants include Railgun, Fusion, Shockwave, and Anti.
  • Can be any Eximus type; have encountered Artic, Jade Light, Guardian, Blitz, Leech, and Energy Leech variants.
  • Standard Eximus visuals/animations (Shock orbs, Guardian shield ring, Jade glow, Blitz sparks) are missing from the enemy model. Attack animations appear to be unaffected.
  • Behaves according to normal enemy Eximus behavior and deals damage as normal.
  • Does not necessarily appear to be tied to Void Fissure Corruption; encountered at least one example that was not Corrupted.
  • Unaffected by almost all types of damage, and appears to be immune to crowd control effects (Tested void dash and Quiver sleep arrow).
  • Only affected by amp damage even after Overguard is broken (See next point for exception).
  • Name and health do not appear when in crosshairs.
    • Sometimes appears after enough damage has been dealt with an amp. If this happens, can be damaged as usual.
  • Does have a minimap icon, and has unit collision.
  • Can be mercy killed after breaking Overguard and reaching the requisite health threshold.
  • Estimate that it affects between 10-20% of Eximus Moa spawns.

I don't usually play on Jupiter, but I believe I've encountered this before in other Void Fissure missions in Jupiter as well. I don't think I've seen this issue on other planets or tilesets.

• 2 weeks later...

While playing the carme mobile defense mission I came across a Moa that was invincible. It didn’t seem to have a name tag either that included any health bar, just nothing. It followed me from the first location to the second but I didn’t see it at the 3rd defense location. I have a screen recording of this but I do not know how to post it here. 

• 2 weeks later...

When playing some missions, I realize that sometimes a moa will become invincible. The HP bar does not show and it is impossible to kill it. No weapons or abilities can damage the moa... It seems to be affected by status effects, but still no damage is taken by the moa. I've seen this happen with different types of moas in different types of missions. This bug happened to me before, even before the Lotus Eaters update, but now it has gotten to a point to be a a bit annoying, especially after this incindent where a Eximus MOA went invincible. I spent the whole mission running away from it because I couldn't kill it, but it could kill me.

the same thing happened to me on a Sortie (mobile Defense) a Survival and a Arbitration Survival each time they had different weapons.

and i can say that they took damage from the 1 and 3 ability's of Jade but not her 4 or any ability of Nezha, Styanax or revenant (as far as i could tell) it seems that they ignore any projectiles/Targeted ability's and the AOE they may cause but ability's that create damage zones like Jade remain effective.

it might be that they for whatever reason lose their hitboxes, like what the arbitration drones do, and not get them back and the damage effects of the working ability's don't look for hitboxes, but Entitys.

but since im not working for DE this is just guesswork, but reasonable possible since this has happened in other games before.

• Like 1

Happend to me multiple times now (it were always MOA's), until today there was always something that worked to destroy it.

Today I encountered an "Corrupted arctic eximus" MOA in Venus - V Prime - Corpus solo survival mission. It's name, shield and health bar were only visible when it casted it's ice shield. Nothing worked, no damage from any weapons, operator amp nor warframe abilities. It's ice shield on the other hand acted normal.

+1

Can happen to any MOA from any faction.

You can kill them with your Operator's Amp.

Some abilities can also deal damage, but I have only seen and tested with Ember's Fire Blast.

On 2024-08-04 at 8:08 AM, Sakey said:

Sorry if this is a bit of a necro. A google search brought me to this post.

Bug reports are not necro. Do not worry about that. It's part of feedback to a perpetual beta game likewise all MMOs and should be reported for as long as it takes. The only concern should always be with how everything reported gets completely ignored.

• Like 1

• [DE]Saske changed the title to Invincible MOA