Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This Right? I Testing Out Damage With The New Damage System And Is This Working Right?

Kato-san

I using base latron prime vs level 23 grineer and these were my numbers.

This is my damage with no mods:(lvl 23 enemies)

Elite Grineer lancer = 33 damage

Trooper = 25 damage

Now I add a cold damage mod: maxed 90%

Elite Grineer lancer = 43 damage

Trooper = 18 damage....

So why do I lose damage using a cold mod vs trooper?  If I am not mistaken, the cold damage is ADDED damage is it not? so how can it take away damage?

It seems the elite grineer lancer the damage is working as intended but not so much vs the trooper why is this?

Unless I have the wrong idea on how this damage system is supposed to work maybe?

If so could you fill me in?

Here is what my damage looks like with cold mod:

4.5 impact

36.0 puncture

4.5 slash

40.5 cold

Edited by MindlessWar

that's weird 

did you use split chamber ? or maybe you got head shots without noticing it 

nope I made sure not to hit head. I using no mods except the element mod vs no mods.

New damage systems means not all factions enemy types take the same damage anymore

I know they can both take different damage but why do i lose damage by adding a mod vs no mod?

nope I made sure not to hit head. I using no mods except the element mod vs no mods.

I know they can both take different damage but why do i lose damage by adding a mod vs no mod?

There is a -50% dmg bonus for using cold against Grenieer units check the dmg 2.0 table I'll link it for you

Edited by JustTotallyEpic

You guys are all missing the point.

Even with a 50% damage penalty, he should be doing MORE damage, not less - 50% of +90% is +45%.

There's no way he should do less overall damage by equipping an elemental mod, so either there's a bug, or he made a mistake testing.

You guys are all missing the point.

Even with a 50% damage penalty, he should be doing MORE damage, not less - 50% of +90% is +45%.

There's no way he should do less overall damage by equipping an elemental mod, so either there's a bug, or he made a mistake testing.

I did multiple tests on it to make sure it was working right. I will do a triple and make sure.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0 Here is the table and against armour it is a -50% decrease in dmg

Even if it did -100% damage would not my damage still be 25?

Or are you saying it converts my puncture into cold as well?  So by adding an element puncture and slash and all that get changed to that element?

Like I said this is what my dmg looks like.

4.5 impact

36.0 puncture

4.5 slash

40.5 cold

ANd should not lancer have gone down in damage too?

Edited by MindlessWar

Even if it did -100% damage would not my damage still be 25?

Or are you saying it converts my puncture into cold as well?  So by adding an element puncture and slash and all that get changed to that element?

Like I said this is what my dmg looks like.

4.5 impact

36.0 puncture

4.5 slash

40.5 cold

ANd should not lancer have gone down in damage too?

The Grenieer Trooper has more armour than the lancer and the current percentage system is strange in this game, can't really explain it as its stupidly complicated. 

It may be simply the case that the Trooper is classed as a heavily armoured unit and the Lancer is a light armoured unit;

The Grenieer Trooper has more armour than the lancer and the current percentage system is strange in this game, can't really explain it as its stupidly complicated. 

It may be simply the case that the Trooper is classed as a heavily armoured unit and the Lancer is a light armoured unit;

So the -50% does not mean -50 cold damage, but -50% total damage including impact and such?  Thus ending up doing lower damage then an unmoded weapon with a cold moded weapon?

So the -50% does not mean -50 cold damage, but -50% total damage including impact and such?  Thus ending up doing lower damage then an unmoded weapon with a cold moded weapon?

Each element and physical dmg type will have its own individual % added or subtracted depending on what enemies you are fighting. So you would be doing with the modded weapon -50% cold,0% Impact,0% Slash and +50% armour these stats are applied before adding all the dmg's together I think 

@MindlessWar; This sounds like a bug actually. It should indeed add some damage, not decrease it! The way it worked on the Lancer is how it should be working.

That said though, I've noticed that Troopers have some kind of insane resistance to Cold damage. I did some Grineer alert mission some time ago. It hits Lancers etc for a few hundred damage. But Troopers? 1 damage. Yup 1

Something is really bugged here.

@MindlessWar; This sounds like a bug actually. It should indeed add some damage, not decrease it! The way it worked on the Lancer is how it should be working.

That said though, I've noticed that Troopers have some kind of insane resistance to Cold damage. I did some Grineer alert mission some time ago. It hits Lancers etc for a few hundred damage. But Troopers? 1 damage. Yup 1

Something is really bugged here.

It decreases the total dmg by -50% for the cold element so having a higher base dmg will hurt you more than a lower base dmg as the grenieer light and heavy units have resistance to cold, imagine the percentages like how adding a serration mod with 50% bounus only adds like 10 dmg to a weapon but then the same mod and a weapon with 100 base dmg will have a much larger increase as it works out the increase in percentage from your base dmg its not a set amount to increase or decrease. Sorry for any errors im really tierd.

So is it possible that if you have multiple damage modifiers you will end up getting whatever value is left in the end?

So lets say your weapon would deal +- 100% damage.  Then you add a cold mod...to which they are resistant. -50% total damage and then slap on their own resistances as well of which they probably have a bit at lvl 20+ You end up with -XX% total damage because of cold?

This is the only way the value would get close to explainable.

25 + 90% = 47.5 total damage. Now you remove 50% because of basic cold resistance and you end up with 23.75 but if the guy had 12% level based frost resistance gained he would now only take 18 damage.

Either way if it's that...it is a bug....a bad one as well since this automatically invalidates every weapon that does mixed damage for high level play.

A buggy system like that would also mean that a weapon that deals slash damage with added heat and viral damage would deal 325% total damage on every shot....gonna try that.

Edited by Shehriazad

It seems it may be a bug, I tested other elements vs infested and the negative effect mods did not lower the damage from the unmodded version. It must have something to do with the armor.

Also it seems + effects and such only increase the elemental part of the damage not the total. So a -100% should still = 25 damage in this case.

Edited by MindlessWar

It seems it may be a bug, I tested other elements vs infested and the negative effect mods did not lower the damage from the unmodded version. It must have something to do with the armor.

Also it seems + effects and such only increase the elemental part of the damage not the total. So a -100% should still = 25 damage in this case.

Armor is bugged, not only is it bugged corrupted heavy gunners are nearly the hardest enemy in the game, bosses included, once the level scales doing much more then 17 damage to their 90k+ health is rare, with any weapon that i have found, with any mod combo. Worth noting, nothing else in the void behaves this way that I have noticed...maybe corrupted fusion moas...