The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Cernos And Paris Are Bad.

lautalocos

i was happy to hear that they released a new bow, this one focused on killing corpus, so now we have a bow for each occasion.

the problem is, the charge damage is lower than the dread. i don´t know yet how charge attacks work on bows and melee weapons in armor 2.0,  but the cernos does lower charge damage.

it also deals less fast attacks damage, and this is maybe my imagination, but i think the charge time is slower than the other bows, but again, im not sure.

the only good thing this bow has is a slightly faster reload speed.

while the other bows take 1 sec. to take another arrow from the quiver, the cernos takes 0.8 secs.

some of these problems apply too to the paris.

my recommendation is to make both the cernos and paris at least as good as the dread, but i think that the dread too is quite weak compared to another weapons, like the vectis or a lot of the automatic weapons on general.

maybe the cernos could be, besides the bow for killing corpus, the fastest bow of all. that would make it at least a bit more different.

i speak a bit more about this on here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/140053-de-a-recomendation-for-all-bows-you-are-making-in-the-future/#entry1665019

edit:

i love bows too. i have each one and i potatoed each one, but they are actually not as good as other weapons. i think that at least the paris and cernos should be as good as the dread statwise, and then give each bow more usefullnes, by giving rapid shots more power (but not too much),

and no, they arent bad because im modding them incorrectly. they are bad because their stats are bad. if you mod a bow correctly you make it good, if you mod any other rifle or sniper rifle you make them better.

Edited by lautalocos

They are not bad.

Paris - puncture - anti-Grineer

Dread - slash - anti-Infested

Cernos - impact - anti-Corpus

Charge attacks on bows are same as with any weapon. All damages add up with (unknown?) charge multiplier.

Melee charge attacks are different entity from damage and elemental damage. Therefore only charge damage mods increase their power. This was a nerf to charge attacks and buff to normal attacks.

Edited by eStecko

The bows are my favorite weapons, if you think that they are bad you are not modding them correctly.

agree,also the cernos is a "compound bow" or w/e it's called so it's supposed to be slower than the others (it should be bigger too,but nevermind xd)

They are not bad.

Paris - puncture - anti-Grineer

Dread - slash - anti-Infested

Cernos - impact - anti-Corpus

Charge attacks on bows are same as with any weapon. All damages add up with (unknown?) charge multiplier.

Melee charge attacks are different entity from damage and elemental damage. Therefore only charge damage mods increase their power. This was a nerf to charge attacks and buff to normal attacks.

You've clearly not used the Cernos.

It does not function as advertised, seeing as it cannot one-shot level 3 Corpus.

On another thread, a user mentioned that his fully modded Cernos could not take the shields off a level 20 Corrupted Crewman. That is pathetic.

It's a beautifully designed bow that is the worst of all the bows. It's only advantage over the other bows is a .2 second faster reload.

It. Needs. A. Buff. Badly.

The bows are my favorite weapons, if you think that they are bad you are not modding them correctly.

They're not bad but their DPS is less than the majority of other Primaries. They're not even close to being the best at one-shotting; snipers hold that title. I feel that their charge attack multiplier could use a buff.

They're perfectly functional (I use the Paris as my standard primary), but compared to other weapons they're god awful. I mean the Vectis has all the functions of a bow but better. The bows could be buffed to 175 damage, their draw speed and reload halved, their crits taken up to 25%, 2x damage and the Vectis would still be a better weapon by any measure.

Bows are awesome weapons, not very effective but awesome. I built the cernos immediately after it got out but I feel that it is very bad at what it is supposed to do. Yes, I love the charge time with fire-rate mods but it often fails to kill Corpus of rather low levels. It isn't yet fully modded but it can easily kill grineer of higher levels. So basically fails at what it is supposed to be good at. What's the point of even using a weapon like that. My Soma or Brakk can do more damage in a single shot that the Cernos can in 20.

I like using different weapons, but when one struggles with low level enemies it is supposed to be good against even with 4-5 rank 10 mods on it, I have very little incentive to do so. I really think DE should change the soft stats, like crit % and damage, maybe arrow speed for the Cernos(it's a bit low IMHO ), maybe add another polarity slot because they way the Cernos is currently is not worth even formaing it. I'm better of using my forma of the Dread as it is very deadly weapon against most targets. 

The problem does not really lie in the bow itself, the problem lies in an Impact/Corpus contradiction...

Let's take a look at the situation:

* Corpus are supposed to be weak to Impact (or neutral to it at the very least). That sounds good.

* Impact is indeed good against shields, so there it is doing its job as it should!

* Robotics and Crewmen (generally) also take neutral damage from Impact, once you are past their shields. That's actually not a problem either.

* Now to the actual problem: Most Corpus units consist of the Crewmen. What do Crewmen have on their heads? Ah, that's right, the protective helmet that makes it invulnerable against... guess what? IMPACT DAMAGE! Now there is the major design problem!

So what should be done then?

* Corpus Crewmen should NOT be resistant to IMPACT type headshots, and especially not INVULNERABLE! Make Impact (and Puncture too, as it makes sense) deal normal 2x damage against their heads. Slash-damage could still be resisted there somewhat (maybe make it have a 0,5x multiplier there, but not 0x, that's just stupid imo).

Edited by Azamagon

Now to the actual problem: Most Corpus units consist of the Crewmen. What do Crewmen have on their heads? Ah, that's right, the protective helmet that makes it invulnerable against... guess what? IMPACT DAMAGE! Now there is the major design problem!

^ This.  The Paris is considered decent against Grineer because you can get consistent headshots on them.  Not only that, but in my experience Corpus have more combined health (shields + armor + flesh/robotics) than Grineer do.  If you can't 1-hit kill even the weakest enemies with a stealth weapon, the entire concept of stealth goes out the window.