The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Duplex Bond causes serious framerate dips

every time the clones spawn the game becomes a slideshow for a few seconds but then it stabilizes.

if all three clones despawn the first one to come back causes this same drop in framerate.

this used to only affect kubrows but now it is poisoning every companion.

• Like 2

Was going to make a new thread about this; glad I'm not the only one with the issue. In my case, I am able to replicate the issue in both simulacrum and missions by spawning a sentinel clone with Duplex Bond on Nautilus Prime with a skin equipped.

From my testing, whenever a Duplex Bond clone is spawned, the game experiences a microstutter. The game is otherwise running at a monitor framerate cap of 144 fps with plenty of available RAM and VRAM. Neither the CPU or GPU is overstressed, and the entirety of Warframe is installed on an M.2 NVMe SSD.

When testing different variables, I rarely experience the microstutter by proccing Duplex Bond on other sentinels, (Wyrm Prime, Nautilus, Diriga tested) both in their base skin and alternate skins (Altra, Loid, and Verd-IE skins tested). However, when testing with Nautilus Prime, using any of the aforementioned skins results in the microstutter when spawning a Duplex Clone, regardless of the number of Duplex clones existing. When reverting back to Nautilus Prime's default skin, I am unable to replicate the resulting microstutter. In Conclusion - I believe the microstutter is in some way tied to alternate skins being used on (potentially specific?) sentinels. The tests mentioned we also conducted without any Face, Tail, or Wing attachments, (which have their own issue.)

Enclosed is a screenshot of MSI afterburner's On-Screen Display indicating the microstutter during my tests:

Spoiler

Duplex-Bug-Report.png

As a current work around to this issue, I am using Nautilus Prime with it's default skin and no attachments. Hopefully this issue can be fixed so I can get back to using the Altra skin set. 

• Like 1