The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Simulacrum: Suggestive Name, Disappointing Reality

Dear Tenno,

The Simulacrum, by its name, should be a complete and realistic simulation environment. However, the reality has been disappointing. Many of us resort to external tools and are forced to waste unnecessary formas just to test the damage and effectiveness of our builds against different enemies.

I ask D.E. to consider implementing the simulation of formas and other resources within the Simulacrum. This would save us time and allow us to test the best possible builds without the need for unnecessary waste.

• Like 7

I like this, that way i could test a weapon with virtual formas, allowing me to use all mods i want to see the potential of the weapon for my needs.

Same for everything else really.

May i add another suggestion, which is to have a favorite set of enemies?

I would love to be able to have a specific set of enemies, chosen by me assigned to a button, similar to those default 20 corpus, murmur etc, but a selection of my own.

Would also like to add the possibility of modifiers for arcanes, allow me to explain, for example, molt augmented, allow me to have the arcane at the max possible buff at all times, because the alternative, to be able to test it out at max buff, is to kill groups of 20 enemies a bunch of times to reach the max buff.

Same for other arcanes that require built up kills etc.

• Like 1

I think this require alot of works but this remind me of a feature in Guild wars 1 where you could create a "PvP" character already max lvl but this char wouldn't have access to PvE content, so people used that to test builds and DPS.

So maybe an higher simulacrum that require another key for 100k standing and you end up in a lobby where you could test all frames and weapons?

Idk but again this requires alot of works and this post need to be shared alot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Especially given the difference in various calculations for damage, it could be very helpful to have a sort of "Master Simulacrum"

Every mod and arcane, maybe with a toggle to just show your personal library. Free to tune at no cost.

Every Helminth with free transmutations and all archon shards.

Option for unranked, current rank, and max rank.

loaner forma and reactors/catalysts.

Once you set up a build, the result would appear like the loaner weapons in Duviri, perhaps with a notification on if you own a lesser version (i.e. if I have a rank 3 galvanized mod, it says mine isn't fully ranked instead of just saying I'm missing the mod). You'd still need a real copy of the gear, but beyond that, it's a modding sandbox.

• Like 1

On 2024-09-15 at 3:52 AM, matt11mz said:

Every Helminth with free transmutations and all archon shards.

I agree with all really, but this one specificaly, i mean i lost count of how many times i tried different helminth synergies that ended up not synergizing.

So many resources, for nothing.