The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Dagath Doom ability inconsistent since the stalker nightwave update

Since the Stalker nightwave update,  I have noticed Dagath Doom ability is very inconsistent in hitting enemies and applying the effect. At first i thought maybe terrain was blocking the ability from hitting or it was enemy specific, but after going to differant maps and enemy types, it's definately being inconsistent. Tried from close range,  long range, against infested and grineer but is still not working right.

It seems like a lot of cone shaped abilities are busted for some people right now. Garudas talons's are the same way for me. I have also seen posts about Citrine and Kullervo since Jade shadow just to name some others. It looks like it's a known issue and that they are investigating at least Citrine and Degath ( and hopefully the other frames as well). 

• Like 1

Could be due to DE adding 3 seperate raycasts to LoS abilities (head, torso, legs) with the intention of making them hit more reliably, if I had to guess someone accidentally programmed things to require all rays rather than any ray.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AtraUnam said:

Could be due to DE adding 3 seperate raycasts to LoS abilities (head, torso, legs) with the intention of making them hit more reliably, if I had to guess someone accidentally programmed things to require all rays rather than any ray.

Or something more esoteric like 1 ray and 3 rays work but 2 rays cancel each other out. If it is was a simple "all ray" requirement I would expect it to be more consistent than it is, and coding has a habit of doing weird things when multiple requirements are layered.