The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

DE, change the new Hate augment mod to Despair while you still have the chance before people get it

Incarnon hate is already a very strong weapon and it has no room for this bad mod. Despair on the other hand could use a small boost.

Despair incarnon already does aoe heat so it would have some innate synergy. Give the mod a few extra effects too. Here are some suggestions:

- The original effect (+120% status vulnerability on enemies with heat that get hit by Despair)
- Dealing damage to an enemy with Despair applies the silence effect for 8 seconds (2 seconds in pvp).
- +50% status duration
- and one of the following:

• Change base multishot from 1 to 2
  • Throw 3 projectiles in a horizontal spread (like ivara exalted bow). Applies to incarnon mode too.
  • Forced magnetic procs on any instance of damage resulting from Despair
  • Each kill restores 5 energy and 10 health (make the mod exilus and reduce original effect from 120% to 60% if this is the chosen effect)

This will make the mod have sufficient value and give it to a weapon that actually needs it. It will also maintain the stalker theme for nightwave.

Should be quick and easy to implement.

Edited by Redrigoth
  • Like 2

Hate Incarnon also has innate heat.  I agree that there's no room for it in an end game build.  It would have to be absolutely busted to get me to change my build to slot it.  Then again, the same can be said of my Despair build.  If you have a riven, you do not have room for specialized augments unless they're absolutely OP.

2 hours ago, MrDugan said:

Hate Incarnon also has innate heat.  I agree that there's no room for it in an end game build.  It would have to be absolutely busted to get me to change my build to slot it.  Then again, the same can be said of my Despair build.  If you have a riven, you do not have room for specialized augments unless they're absolutely OP.

Except hate aoe is tiny and the target may well die from the one hit. Despair on the other hand is a large aoe with falloff so you actually want the tick damage to kill enemies. The multishot increase would basically double its status procs on top of boosting total damage and the duration would extend them. Would be a good mod very much worth the slot. Alternatively if it got the 60% magnetic and some status chance and duration then that would save you a mod slot with the combo element too.