The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to get cat ears added to warframe!

Jeter1230

3 minutes ago, NeDesitVirtus said:

I want antlers 🫎, stag horns, insect antenna, wolf ears, bear ears, and 🐒 ears too! 

Don't do it just 20% go all the way!!! Let's have all the ears, antlers, horns, and antenna too! 

stag horns and antlers sounds chritmassy, so in theme for the holidays, aka perfectly allowed, insect antenna, you can get that by playing deathwatch rhino and orphid specter saryn i believe. 

but sadly the fluffier ears do not fit the theme.

4 minutes ago, Jeter1230 said:

I couldn't just have a normal, fun, and harmless little idea go around. Of course I attracted every fun police there was. All I can do is express my disappointed now. There's no point in arguing with these people who are just full of negativity and are too stubborn to admit that they were just wrong.

I agree, this was the secret objective of the post. Animal lovers getting to show off what their favorite animal is with cute ears. Antlers would even look really cool in a lot fashions.

you are once again personally attacking people, also pls take a look at where i insulted you in the previous message if you will, thank you!

dont just throw out wild accusations you cannot back up

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 3xt1inct said:

stag horns and antlers sounds chritmassy, so in theme for the holidays, aka perfectly allowed, insect antenna, you can get that by playing deathwatch rhino and orphid specter saryn i believe. 

you are once again personally attacking people, also pls take a look at where i insulted you in the previous message if you will, thank you!

0/10 rage bait

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Dismissive and rude gif ? Com'on, the office is a great show and this character is truly awesome. It's fun.

Now, you say cat ears aren't childish. Prove it. I want to know about a famous politician, business person, or anyone, wearing cat ears and being dead serious and not at all acting/being any childish. Because in my mind, it is, and I know no evidence saying otherwise, and you may change my mind of you provide it.

And no leather catwomen, please.

Really? You want to me to argue someone in politics can wear cat ears and not be seen as childish, but just unprofessional since that isn't what they're expected to wear? As if a politician can wear anything but what they're explicitly told to wear? Okay here you go, I'll give you some actually applicable examples; 

- Ariana Grande has been wearing cat ears for years, she liked how they looked and even got them from a fan in Japan. It's obviously extremely rare in higher profile circles to wear them continually considering they have a specific image to uphold.

- Celebrities obviously wear cat ears during special events like Halloween or Christmas hats around Christmas, it's a worldwide thing, and when adults wear them there's more conversation around it being sexy than anything else. Are they all children to you? 

- K-pop idols pretty frequently wear and use cat ears as well as tails in their performances, and are still considered celebrities. 

- Back in 2023, celebrities dressed up as cats with makeup and/or cat ears to look like cats for the Met Gala, an event hosted by Karl Lagerfeld.

Yeah it exists, it's not super common, but there are examples out there of people in a more serious setting wearing cat ears. I'm sure there's even more out there.

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Wow this is a lot of nothing. 

Am I supposed to listen to you at all when you call me racist when you don't even understand the definition? Racism kind of implies being hateful, or averse, or featuring something akin to hostility. Where is that exactly?

There's none of that going on and you really trying to pretend there is is just weird and presumptuous. That's a ridiculously loaded term to apply to someone who disagrees with you. Asia is obviously more than just Chinese and Japanese, but those are the two most prevalent themes so I mentioned them specifically. It's a generic term, to make conversation more concise so I don't have to point out every single ethnicity every time I mention it. This is such a ridiculous point, please actually argue your points instead of defaulting to name calling.

So ignoring this superficial evidence you get from your friends I'm just supposed to believe, where in any of this did you disprove it's not Japanese? It's very much related to it, you pointing out where it's from in Japan and how it changed in Japan hardly matters, it's from Japan right? So what exactly is your thematic issue? It's a very common thing in anime and media today, there are actual pictures made from the time period showcasing nekomata with ears, one such being from Ume no Haru Gojūsantsugi, an actual play featuring an old woman with them. Cat/human hybrids in art wasn't the most common thing ever, but it was around during the time. There's very clear cultural significance there, it fits the theme of old-school Japanese folklore and values, what exactly is the problem? Are you going to argue such a pedantic point?

No, I said I'm not going to engage in a really weird argument over gender politics and cat ears since that's not the point of the discussion, it's kind of irrelevant (like your constant insistence on racism for whatever reason) when we're talking about a videogame including them thematically. It's not even really a point and more of a "oh did you know" kind of thing. Oh, okay ... cool, why would I care exactly? It's just you pulling out a point from a hat and hoping it applies, or just continually bashing me and everyone else you disagree with by using vague assertions that we're "x", "y" and "z". That doesn't really discredit us, it just kind of proves you're rude.

You stated that was not the case and I questioned you with a few examples yes, am I supposed to bear the burden of proof for a point you made as well? That hardly seems fair, and that's not how you argue a point.

I never said I was surprised that you were being rude, I invited it after all, I said I was surprised I called you such a tame thing as "rude" or "childish" and you came around and called me racist. I'm sorry, is that not a fair reaction to have? Am I not supposed to feel like that's uncalled for and a hardly justifiable reaction to what I said?

What corner have I exactly put myself into when we're arguing opinion regardless? You're obviously way angrier about all of this than I am, all I did was ask why this is such a bad thing, and you've just argued in circles.

Do you want to try arguing like an adult instead of acting like an irrational child?

well you start by dismissing arguments again, not a great start, closed minded absolutely.

Ever heard of Generalisation and how it is a bad thing? Do you think an Iranian wants to be grouped with chinese and Japanase people or vice versa? or even Chinese and Japanese together, I have heard they do not like that at all and certainly not the Koreans, they do not want to be grouped with any of the others you call under the banner "Asian Culture", there is so much richness and diversity there but no you went and bunched them together by saying the only thing that mattered was the game is "Asian" themed and the message after that how "everything in the game is Asian themed, this reference is from Japan, this one from China, game is Japanese in general" aka Racism by proxy.

Then you disregard personal experiences, i did not need to disprove it is Japanese, because they are mythologically japanese, but i argued Japano-religious, which you clearly missed. I also did not say they were not japanese what i said was that the "cat ears" were never there in the tales with these spirits in them, which anyone that read the message saw. That picture indeed depicts that, but if you know the tale the picture was made from it is said they found her out and ambushed the spirit during a transformation, as it then was vulnerable with the weaknesses of both human and cat, the transformation was incomplete because the spirit did not have the time to finish. This is one of the famous examples those friends talked about, how the mistranslation led to Westerners believing that the tales included hybrid forms, while not true. These tales were culturally significant indeed, but never featured a humanoid creature with cat ears and a human face.

I said i did not want to engage in political discussion with you when i clarified the point 2 comments ago, why do you keep bringing it up?

No I can give you more examples of The game not being Cino-Japano centric, but you called me out on only giving 2 examples, but you only gave 3, who were flimsy at best, so what did you not understand there?

"Do you want to try arguing like an adult instead of acting like an irrational child?" the argument of someone who clearly did not read the previous comment, questions things that were explained in the comment, i mean i am of the opinion that either English is not your first language or that you need to read more books.

12 minutes ago, Jeter1230 said:

0/10 rage bait

why tho? what i say is in line with what i advocate. not rage bait at all, so by proxy 10/10 just facts if 0/10 rage bait.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 3xt1inct said:

well you start by dismissing arguments again, not a great start, closed minded absolutely.

Ever heard of Generalisation and how it is a bad thing? Do you think an Iranian wants to be grouped with chinese and Japanase people or vice versa? or even Chinese and Japanese together, I have heard they do not like that at all and certainly not the Koreans, they do not want to be grouped with any of the others you call under the banner "Asian Culture", there is so much richness and diversity there but no you went and bunched them together by saying the only thing that mattered was the game is "Asian" themed and the message after that how "everything in the game is Asian themed, this reference is from Japan, this one from China, game is Japanese in general" aka Racism by proxy.

Then you disregard personal experiences, i did not need to disprove it is Japanese, because they are mythologically japanese, but i argued Japano-religious, which you clearly missed. I also did not say they were not japanese what i said was that the "cat ears" were never there in the tales with these spirits in them, which anyone that read the message saw. That picture indeed depicts that, but if you know the tale the picture was made from it is said they found her out and ambushed the spirit during a transformation, as it then was vulnerable with the weaknesses of both human and cat, the transformation was incomplete because the spirit did not have the time to finish. This is one of the famous examples those friends talked about, how the mistranslation led to Westerners believing that the tales included hybrid forms, while not true. These tales were culturally significant indeed, but never featured a humanoid creature with cat ears and a human face.

I said i did not want to engage in political discussion with you when i clarified the point 2 comments ago, why do you keep bringing it up?

No I can give you more examples of The game not being Cino-Japano centric, but you called me out on only giving 2 examples, but you only gave 3, who were flimsy at best, so what did you not understand there?

"Do you want to try arguing like an adult instead of acting like an irrational child?" the argument of someone who clearly did not read the previous comment, questions things that were explained in the comment, i mean i am of the opinion that either English is not your first language or that you need to read more books.

why tho? what i say is in line with what i advocate. not rage bait at all, so by proxy 10/10 just facts if 0/10 rage bait.

Blah blah blah, they're just cat ears

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 3xt1inct said:

So again, no actual evidence, only your firsthand experiences as proof, weird insistence on me being evil or something, I brang up the point again because you didn't explain why it even mattered and why you even brought it up in the first place again, the list goes on.

I can understand you perfectly but you seem way more interested in arguing and badmouthing than actually proving a point.

Am I supposed to be convinced or something? 

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog

I want esca like the anglerfish has!

1 hour ago, Jeter1230 said:

I couldn't just have a normal, fun, and harmless little idea go around. Of course I attracted every fun police there was. All I can do is express my disappointed now. There's no point in arguing with these people who are just full of negativity and are too stubborn to admit that they were just wrong.

I agree, this was the secret objective of the post. Animal lovers getting to show off what their favorite animal is with cute ears. Antlers would even look really cool in a lot of fashions. (Sorry, the post merged for some reason)

I sorry for your dissapointed

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3xt1inct said:

Santa is not real, thus stag horns and antlers have nothing to do with any holiday

8 hours ago, Prexades said:

I might also add that a number of MMO died, when the art as well as the storyline stopped mattering. When every bad idea from cars in a fantasy setting to panda costumes were implemented.

The people who do care are usually the first to leave. The ones who don't care might stay longer, until they no longer care enough to log in either.

Telling people not to care is the worst advice ever.

One or two meows never harmed anyone

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3xt1inct said:

Okay You have clearly have never been to a shop during christmas season then? the shops are filled with antlers and lights hanging of stag horns....

All the wildlife is free from what people attribute to them falsely. And if there is someone coming down your chimney, he is coming to take your stuff not to give you stuff.

1 minute ago, Jeter1230 said:

It hurt this guy apparently

We might be dealing with an anti-meowist

• Like 1

On 2024-09-15 at 8:55 PM, dwqrf said:

It does affect the whole game's identity. Look at the backlash around TFD for example. The game can be okay at some gameplay level, but is also hated in many parts of the world for its controversial anime/adolescent artistic and cosmetic direction.

Warframe offers a lot of styles which are anchored in worldwide traditions, from Sanskrit to Mayas to African tribes and European fairy tales, and Japanese culture also is featured with Ninjas and Katanas ; but unless you can prove me that cats ears are anything traditionnal, I don't think it has anything to do in Warframe artstyle.

Twitch streamers traditionally wear cat ear headphones

Just now, Jeter1230 said:

Thank you everyone who was being reasonable. Now that I know how toxic some people are gonna be, I don't think I'm gonna be making any new posts like this cat ears one.

Do cat whiskers next

• Like 2

il y a une heure, (XBOX)Graysmog a dit :

- Ariana Grande has been wearing cat ears for years, she liked how they looked and even got them from a fan in Japan. It's obviously extremely rare in higher profile circles to wear them continually considering they have a specific image to uphold.

- Celebrities obviously wear cat ears during special events like Halloween or Christmas hats around Christmas, it's a worldwide thing, and when adults wear them there's more conversation around it being sexy than anything else. Are they all children to you? 

- K-pop idols pretty frequently wear and use cat ears as well as tails in their performances, and are still considered celebrities. 

- Back in 2023, celebrities dressed up as cats with makeup and/or cat ears to look like cats for the Met Gala, an event hosted by Karl Lagerfeld.

So to make it shorter

-Ariana Grande and K-pop Idols, whom do everything to look younger and make content for kids and adolescents, wear occasionnal cat ears to better target their audience.

-Adult people wear them at carnaval, halloween, and other costumes parties, either to please children ; or to play leather catwomen.

-Adult don't wear them professionaly because they have, you said : "a image to uphold", while communicating with adults.

I'm so glad you changed your mind and finally realized cat ears are for  children ! Thank you, great turn of event ! :)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Karyst said:

All the wildlife is free from what people attribute to them falsely. And if there is someone coming down your chimney, he is coming to take your stuff not to give you stuff.

We might be dealing with an anti-meowist

Witty sure, but in the netherlands not 1 but 2 guys come down your chimney with gifts each year, guess we actually care for children by giving gifts and spending time with them, not put cat ears on their head, tell them they are a cat and tell them to go play over there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3xt1inct said:

Fábio Magalhães - "The Berserker Armor"

is this one also accurate? because that armor looks Western as hell, the neckpiece and helmet working together to resemble teeth and mouth was something done in the middle ages already (almost none of the things survived due to the spikes taking damage too often and being a nuisance in battle) and tbh This litterally fits the description of Morgoth even better.

That's before the Berserk armor fully takes over, the armor itself is sentient and once the wearer is sufficently damaged, it effectively overrides them as shown in the original picture I used, at that stage it isn't a 'helmet', in fact actually imagine the Berserk armor as a Warframe and the dude inside as a Tenno.

Perhaps I should have been more specific but head design for Voruna is very close to the Berserk helm/Beast of Darkness when it's in full control.

This might give you a better idea

n9cnkfebj5171.jpg

• Like 2