The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

New Player Experience is awful without friends.

I would not have ever started this game without my friends helping me through the start. The lack of ways to get slots, potatoes, forma, and other major currencies you would need without platinum does not help at all.

If nothing else please add slots for weapons and warframes to either junctions or MR level challenges, it would help so much. Also, change the platinum cost that shows on weapons in the market to show the blueprints credit cost, and add a tutorial showing where to buy weapon blueprints.

• Like 1

il y a 31 minutes, KingOblivion99 a dit :

Also, change the platinum cost that shows on weapons in the market to show the blueprints credit cost, and add a tutorial showing where to buy weapon blueprints.

While yes, it could be better explained, Warframe is also a game that makes you make mistake because that's how you learn and become a better player. Warframe doesn't always hold your hand, and you got to try to make your way throught this game understanding its subtilities. The hardest part in Warframe isn't combat, exploration or farming, it's learning and mastering the huge amount of knowledge it features. Of course, it can be exhausting and frustrating, but it become easier with time.

For weapons and Warframe slots, Remember they also have 50 starting plats ; and then Nightwave offers a valuable starter, before players can find out about early trading with prime items just around Mars, with relics and Maroo's bazar. They don't need more before that.

Potatoes and Formas come later, with Nightwave, Duviri, and Sorties, and that's where most players will start to wonder what gear to get and how to improve it ; again, not before that.

It's a long way with many steps ; that many new players tend to miss by being just hard-carried through the star chart by too zealous Veterans telling them to reach the endgame as fast as possible ; which is a flawed way of thinking for me. They can reach the endgame in days, sure, but they won't even know how to play there and then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwqrf said:

While yes, it could be better explained, Warframe is also a game that makes you make mistake because that's how you learn and become a better player. Warframe doesn't always hold your hand, and you got to try to make your way throught this game understanding its subtilities. The hardest part in Warframe isn't combat, exploration or farming, it's learning and mastering the huge amount of knowledge it features. Of course, it can be exhausting and frustrating, but it become easier with time.

For weapons and Warframe slots, Remember they also have 50 starting plats ; and then Nightwave offers a valuable starter, before players can find out about early trading with prime items just around Mars, with relics and Maroo's bazar. They don't need more before that.

Potatoes and Formas come later, with Nightwave, Duviri, and Sorties, and that's where most players will start to wonder what gear to get and how to improve it ; again, not before that.

It's a long way with many steps ; that many new players tend to miss by being just hard-carried through the star chart by too zealous Veterans telling them to reach the endgame as fast as possible ; which is a flawed way of thinking for me. They can reach the endgame in days, sure, but they won't even know how to play there and then.

You would need 52 starting plat to be able to buy 2 warframe slots and 2 weapon slots, 52 is by no means enough. There is 57 warframes and over 700 weapons, slots are a massive issue and they need to be more available.

il y a une heure, KingOblivion99 a dit :

because you more than likely have hundreds if not thousands of hours.

Yes, but that's the goal. You have to aim for something. I struggled with inventory slots too, when I was a new player, and founds way to overcome it without needing real money, by trading, mostly ; and eventually, Nightwave made it much easier.

3 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Yes, but that's the goal. You have to aim for something. I struggled with inventory slots too, when I was a new player, and founds way to overcome it without needing real money, by trading, mostly ; and eventually, Nightwave made it much easier.

So why would making it easier on new players be a bad thing then, 13 warframe slots from the junctions sill leaves you with 39 to buy for plat. My suggestion just makes it easier for newer players to keep playing the game.  And new players can't even trade till day 3 so "trading for plat" isn't viable at the start.

• Like 1

il y a 2 minutes, KingOblivion99 a dit :

So why would making it easier on new players be a bad thing then, 13 warframe slots from the junctions sill leaves you with 39 to buy for plat. My suggestion just makes it easier for newer players to keep playing the game.  And new players can't even trade till day 3 so "trading for plat" isn't viable at the start.

Because making it easier for new players isn't always a good thing either. You know, they got to learn the ropes and discover the game, and farm, and trade. It's a lot to take in when you don't know the game. Warframe isn't one of those game holding your hand.

And if they are in a hurry, because some people tells them to rush the game (???), then sure, they can skip it and buy slots. And there is of course some gatcha element to it : as in some people might do the mistake to be tempted (and to) buy slot with money not seeing the whole picture. And that's fine, it's a free game and the devs need to eat. But if those people buy a Warframe, it comes with its own slot.

And no, you don't need to trade at day 3, you aren't even supposed to have another Warframe cooking yet.

• Like 1