The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Emblems should not be affected by Visual Effects Intensity setting

Xycelium

After finally being fed-up with being radiated with the power of the Sun by my teammates whenever they fired weapons with large particle effects and explosions, I decided to lower my Visual Effects Intensity. To my surprise however, I was not expecting to see my Emblems all of a sudden look way much more transparent and almost faded out than before.

2024-09-08%2023_58_39-Warframe.png2024-09-08%2023_59_26-Warframe.png

On the left is the Sling Stone Emblem with the setting set to around 25, and the right is the Emblem with it at 100.

To me, it feels a bit sad to have to sacrifice my fashion for visual clarity, as I do not find it particularly great to be playing this game and suddenly get eyestrain due to someone else's weapon choice. I feel like separating Emblems as a particle effect would fix this, and/or even giving the player the option to directly change the Emblem's opacity or Alpha channel similar to Sigils.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

There are two settings. Toggle for squad effects intensity and Slide for all effects. All is all.

I know that, yet it feels counter intuitive to make an effect that doesn't impact gameplay to also be affected. 

24 minutes ago, Xycelium said:

gameplay

Effects do not affect gameplay in general. The word you are looking for is visibility. Again, the slider for all effects is very easy to make. Slider that affects only some chosen effects is far more complicated - you basically need a whole list of effects and marking them as affected or not. 

4 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Effects do not affect gameplay in general. The word you are looking for is visibility.

That's quite literally tied towards gameplay though. If I can't properly see the game due it being too dark or too bright, that would affect how I'm able to play. Also it's wild to say that effects don't affect gameplay at all due to the amount of different effects at play in any given mission, whether it's coming from enemies, the objective, or even from your own Warframes. It isn't just aesthetics. 

10 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Again, the slider for all effects is very easy to make. Slider that affects only some chosen effects is far more complicated - you basically need a whole list of effects and marking them as affected or not. 

I'm only asking for a single category of effects to be changed; rather to not even be affected by the setting in the first place. If anything, it would remove the Emblems as being considered as effects, which would make potentially editing them easier in the future.