The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Please fix extract alone without affecting squad in endless mission

It's almost the 12th year for warframe, but why doesn't warframe allow players to go to extract and leave missions without affecting squads for endless missions, when the game doesn't rely on team play that much, just each person doing the tasks the game gave them. I feel guilty for waiting for the cooldown to run out at extract and wasting my squad's time and opportunities.

• Like 1

I have no idea what you actually mean with your post. Since Warframes games are hosted pier to pier, when you extract as the host, there is no way of not affecting your teammates. When people who are not the host leave, the others don't feel anything whatsoever in terms of performance. The countdown before extracting is so that people can extract together and reduce the chance of loosing stuff due to host migration and can stay in the same party.

If you're want there to be no host migrations and instant extracts, I don't think that's on the table for the foreseeable future, due to the way the game works.

Edited by VENDOMINUS
  • Like 1

On 2024-09-16 at 12:05 PM, Undertaker01_ said:

It's almost the 12th year for warframe, but why doesn't warframe allow players to go to extract and leave missions without affecting squads for endless missions, when the game doesn't rely on team play that much, just each person doing the tasks the game gave them.

The tasks being... murder things, defend the objectives? Stay together to gather reactant during a Survival Fissure to get rewards? There are definitely ways to play as a team even there, with choosing a Warframe like Frost to cover a defense objective with a barrier, Harrow or Octavia able to provide team buffs, Mirage for solo DPS and area clearing... though that sort of play's probably better suited for high level Steel Path where that sort of thing really matters (or in the case of Frost, the lowest level missions desperately need his globe).

...Admittedly unsure how much that connects to the extraction mechanic. If a player extracts, you'll no longer have the Frost or the Octavia, so there's one thing affecting the squad regardless. As for the host migration issue, as a player on a Switch Lite who has horrid load times, that does suck a lot. Unfortunately I'd have to agree with Vendominus in terms of that being a hard fix due to how the multiplayer's coded, and non-host players don't mess with the gameplay at all if that was a concern.

2 hours ago, VENDOMINUS said:

Warframes games are hosted pier to pier,

Are you sure they're not peer to peer? Joking i know it's a typo.

On 2024-09-16 at 6:05 PM, Undertaker01_ said:

I feel guilty for waiting for the cooldown to run out at extract and wasting my squad's time and opportunities.

I think i understand what you mean, but at the same time...

Let's say you extract at the first possible opportunity, say 5 min into a survival mission, you're out, but nobody replaces you, so having a cooldown or no cooldown, or a lower cooldown, doesn't make much difference, no opportunities will arrive for the team if you leave faster.

Maybe 30 secs would be a reasonable mid-term?