The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Lenses can be problematic.

krabmorski

3 hours ago, krabmorski said:

I barely notice them.

oh also, I too barely notice them and wouldn't bother removing the lenses - but I wholeheartedly support the ability to for those that want to.

And as to WHY i don't notice them, I finished focus farming years ago so very few of modern weapons or newer prime frames even have lenses installed.  So I actually don't see them because they don't appear for me.  Even older frames like saryn prime or something I may have put lenses on at one time, I have multiple copies of from building more than one polarity set and/or from the account merge - so there too I dont have lenses installed on a lot of older things too.

But it is ridiculous to expect players to have to farm a second set of a weapon/frame simply to not have a lens on it should they so choose.

2 hours ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

But it is ridiculous to expect players to have to farm a second set of a weapon/frame simply to not have a lens on it should they so choose.

This.

Especially since if vaulted prime frames are not currently in resurgence rotation, "farm a second set of a frame" involves plat, which can be seen as a pay-to-win(or in this case pay-for-convenience) with how long some frames can be out of resurgence rotation.

In general, there shouldn't be situations that permanently lock player into a choice with regards to gear, other than when they decide to sell/destroy said gear; heaving a permanent focus lens without some means of removing it pretty much meets that, as there's no reason why player should be locked into that.