The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to give QOL to selection abilities. (DEV WORKSHOP)

In the Caliban update workshop, I had an epiphany on how to bring about a huge QOL change for any Warframe with an ability which requires repeated tapping to select the version of the ability you want to cast. The type of abilities I am talking about are as follows (though I may miss some).

Chroma: Spectral Scream

Ivara: Quiver

Jade: Symphony of Mercy

Titania: Tribute

Vauban: Minelayer

Wisp: Reservoirs

Xaku: The Lost

So, I am specifically referring to the abilities which require cycling to cast a specific "mode" of that ability. Presently they feel a bit clunky to switch, and in Titania's and Xaku's case either hardly used or never switched.

What if in place of Tap-casting to switch, the UI gives a mini radial menu by Hold-casting, and releasing uses the one you have selected in that radial menu? Similar to the gear wheel, but the selections themselves stay stationary. So Tap-casting would actually cast the ability, and Hold-casting will allow you to select which version of the ability you want to cast from a small radial menu including the same visual assets that are currently being used. Just in a radial menu instead of having to mash the Tap-cast until you get to the selection you want, potentially passing it a few times by accident? (I am speaking from experience sadly, and I main Wisp lol 😂)

I really really think that someone in DE should look into doing this, as this would be a huge QOL change for Warframes who currently are using the tap-cycling thing to select ability modes! ☺️👍🏻 It would also encourage usage of a wider array of modes for these abilities!

I'm not sure if Pablo will be looking into it, or another Dev, but whoever you are, if you are seeing this post and you are a Dev, thank you! 🥰

I really hope this can happen. It would make me really really happy.

I also think it would be nice for PC/Console players to be able to have an option in the controls menu to toggle between the current version of ability cycling and the radial menuing if possible, because I know it is probably more difficult to use a radial menu on PC with a mouse as efficiently as analog-stick controller users can use them.

If this is possible, controller users should have the radial menu on by default for these abilities, and maybe PC has the original version by default but has the option to make it a radial menu.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UlyssesTheDM said:

I also think it would be nice for PC/Console players to be able to have an option in the controls menu to toggle between the current version of ability cycling and the radial menuing if possible, because I know it is probably more difficult to use a radial menu on PC with a mouse as efficiently as analog-stick controller users can use them.

If this is possible, controller users should have the radial menu on by default for these abilities, and maybe PC has the original version by default but has the option to make it a radial menu.

Was against the whole idea till you said this. Choice will always be the most attractive option. I would never use this but I know that some will