The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can i get banned for playing with strict nat

dimitris69

Question

so i have been playing with my brother but we were not able to sort the strict nat problem but what we do is one gets in a game and invites the other that way we dont get kicked from the party 

it some times bugs and shows an other persons orbiter but thats about it and i was wondering if there is a chance that we might get banned (more for my brother bcs he has 3k hours in the game)

2 answers to this question

No, you will not be banned for your NAT configuration. The main concern with multiple accounts on the same network is with trade, so you should avoid trading items/plat with your brother as long as you are playing on the same network. Worst case you'll just have to prove to support that you're actually two different people.

To @dimitris69,

By strict NAT, do you mean you already change the UDP ports of the 1PC like recommended and still have some network conflict ?!

Multiple Computers/Consoles on the Same Network

WARFRAME USES UDP PORTS 4950 AND 4955 (or whichever ports are set at the in-game options) in order to let you join games. If you have more than one PC/Console playing Warframe these ports might conflict and the second PC/Console may be unable to communicate

Note: Xbox One's network protocols are different and this workaround should not be necessary.

To fix this issue, change the network ports used by the second PC/Console.

1. Open the Main Menu ([ESC] on PC), select OPTIONS, then SYSTEM.

2. Change the Network Ports [UDP] to another range of numbers (first PC/Console will be using 4950 & 4955 so pick another pair)

c1dddec9a5dd5935fc5636641a7670ef.jpg