Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Nova needs different color options for Speed and Slow effects

First of all, shout out to all "Neutral Nova" enjoyers... May her rest in peace...

Even if you get 10% Ability Strength (]Overextended]+[Power Donation]), her slow/speed effect doesn't go below 5%. It is still passable as "Neutral", but unfortunately 10% Ability Strength kills Null Star's damage reduction completely.

Other than that, Nova was already a decent option prior to the rework, and she is obviously in a much much better place now. The only glaring problem now is that it is not possible to distinguish enemies who have the speed effect from the ones with the slow during the gameplay chaos.

I don't know how feasible it is programming-wise, but slow and speed effect having two different energy colors would easily fix this issue gameplay-wise.

Thanks!

• Like 3

I think energy color option 1 should be more prominent on slowed enemies, and color option 2 should be more prominent on sped up enemies.

I think the augment that makes null star prime enemies should serve as the neutral priming effect, and it should have both energy colors equally prominent on affected enemies. Or it should use nova's emissive color option as the neutral backdrop for priming, with energy color 1 and 2 overlayed on top of the emmisive color for slowed/sped up enemies respectively. This would create a clear distinction on what is going on.

This way we can slow prime, speed prime, neutral prime, and know which effect an enemy is under more easily so we can pick off certain ones first.

Edited by Redrigoth
  • Like 1