Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Slam animation cancel removed

Prior to this update which nerf Wukong refresh on slam recovery, everyone could recover from the animation early by sliding out of the animation. This is no longer the case after they nerf Wukong's cloudwalker as they made the animation recovery mandatory to everything rather than just cloudwalker.

• Like 2

Can't have fun with DE policing how people supposed to play their games.

We get it, Slam Wukong bad...because it invalidates enemy AI, ignores pathing and skipping movement, gives you great damage for such simple setup that EVERYONE can do straight out, and clears both normal and SP missions without a sweat.

But how is that bad for gameplay? Killcount on mission end screen doesn't mean anything but who does the mission fastest; heck, a lot of players would THANK you for clearing the mission faster instead of complaining why are you hogging the enemies kill (yes, Jade's elevator levels has indirectly caused the problem, but DE won't admit that for sure!) A lot of frames has literal room nuke, Heavy Attack is now already limited by LoS from several updates ago so you can't clear enemies if the arena has bad level geometry. A lot of other weapons like Torid Incarnon is basically spray2win braindead strat. I don't wanna bring the elephant in the room, but Dive Bomber Zephyr does almost exactly the same thing like Slam Wukong and nobody bats an eye. And now the nerf even spread to normal gameplay for people who DO NOT use Wukong in the first place, how the hell is this 'balancing'? Getting locked in slam animation is very lethal on high level runs; Exilis notwithstanding, even normal enemies can swarm you when you're animation-locked in place for half second, especially for heavy attack (not heavy slam!) build.

At least revert the animation lock on the heavy slam. Poor Wukong has been eating nerf more times than he's been buffed, poor monkey.

Edited by Rathurue
Updated arguments.
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Rathurue said:

a lot of players would THANK you for clearing the mission faster instead of complaining why are you hogging the enemies kill

Are you even alive? Do you realize that's incredibly not fun for other players right? or are you so brainrotted with playing wukong u don't know what fun is?

What a weirdo. Yikes.

21 minutes ago, BoruBoru said:

*Rolling out and it still works.

Useless post.

Exactly

15 minutes ago, BoruBoru said:

Are you even alive? Do you realize that's incredibly not fun for other players right? or are you so brainrotted with playing wukong u don't know what fun is?

What a weirdo. Yikes.

Yeah, I find it more funny some wukong would quit if you gain more KPM and damage dealt on the mission

3 hours ago, BoruBoru said:

What a weirdo. Yikes.

Did you even realize that warframe has a...SOLO mode or your brain has rotted too much from licking DE's butt and whiteknighting with every single patch? We can see your post history yanno, and it doesn't look you contributed anything but downplaying everything that makes sense for other players.

Warframe isn't a pvp game (unless you're one of the few weirdos that still plays the Conclave). As I have said earlier, everything in the mission end result screen doesn't mean much but e-peen measuring contest if you care for it. The goal is to complete the mission as fast as possible; if you want to measure your e-peen against everybody else, you're welcomed, but as I said before, literally nobody complained when I did pick Slam Wukong for missions like Exterminate or Interception. Nobody complained when Dante nuked the whole room, Nobody complained when their Nova did the same, nobody complained when Gauss, Saryn, Ember, Gara or *insert at least 23 more frames here* nukes the room so why it is so specific to Wukong and why do you care about other player's fun so much? Warframe is a game where YOU the player should have the fun, not other people. If you thought that other people should have fun, then you can just solo mode everything-literally nothing prevents you to do so, and it's feasible, too.

Edited by Rathurue
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, BoruBoru said:

*Rolling out and it still works.

So do emotes. Bind emote to a key, press it twice after a slam, press cloudwalker. Takes like half a second longer, it's just far more annoying.

Which is why the nerf method for what DE wanted to accomplish was extremely poor and short-sighted, just an arbirtrary exception band-aid that's easy to go around. People can disagree whether or not the nerf was warranted, but there's no questioning how sloppy it was.

1 hour ago, Rathurue said:

whiteknighting with every single patch? We can see your post history

Well you should check my post history then before writing this...?

5 hours ago, Rathurue said:

Poor Wukong has been eating nerf more times than he's been buffed, poor monkey.

Calling me a white knight is super ironic here ngl when you clearly do it yourself.

1 hour ago, Rathurue said:

Warframe is a game where YOU the player should have the fun, not other people. If you thought that other people should have fun, then you can just solo mode everything-literally nothing prevents you to do so

Did you even read what u sending? You are more dense than i thought...damn.

Probably my last reply considering you are not worth anyones time, all you do is just mald like a toddler in both your original post and response to me. It's very entertaining tho.

3 minutes ago, vFlitz said:

So do emotes. Bind emote to a key, press it twice after a slam, press cloudwalker. Takes like half a second longer, it's just far more annoying.

Which is why the nerf method for what DE wanted to accomplish was extremely poor and short-sighted, just an arbirtrary exception band-aid that's easy to go around. People can disagree whether or not the nerf was warranted, but there's no questioning how sloppy it was.

Yeah i think nerf could be executed better think it was just made fast same as some other stuff this update...what can we do tho

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BoruBoru said:

Well you should check my post history then before writing this...?

Calling me a white knight is super ironic here ngl when you clearly do it yourself.

Did you even read what u sending? You are more dense than i thought...damn.

Probably my last reply considering you are not worth anyones time, all you do is just mald like a toddler in both your original post and response to me. It's very entertaining tho.

1st point: rolling works, sliding doesn't. Which IS the point, since it previously works for everybody else.

So you're calling people wrong for saying the right thing or what?

2nd point: whiteknighting means defending something that should not be defended for fan reasons. The nerf is unjustified because it only targets wukong which is the symptom of the problem (heavy attack spam build) and not address the heavy attack itself. Is it unreasonable to complain about that?

3rd point: your point is 'wukong being nerfed because it's distruptive to others gameplay'. Which I countered with asking for proof of that statement, being not experiencing it on my own play. This is devolving into 'loud minorities being noisy' as usual, like how conclave can't gain points from universal medal, and is a really strange thing to focus. Not only that, it coincidences with a newly emerging game mode where slam wukong could really shine. Really interesting, but I guess it flew atop your head. Do you even wonder why Nova's portal now has limited uses? Point that to the sky and you have a literal energy-free heavy slam build boosted by Molecular Prime without any need to recast like Cloudwalker. You want to know what abilities that can also cancel out Heavy Slam animation instead of using the gear wheel trick? Well, for starters there's Zephyr's, Voruna's, Volt's, Revenant's, as well as other ones. You want to make changes to all those because 'it is unintended' or fix the basic problem?

Last point: you made literally no point in this 'argument' and just calling people names. My time is worth more than doing replies to a *baby* that doesn't even understand how an argument goes. 

Edited by Rathurue
  • Like 1