Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Sherpa program

DutchDiva88

Question

I wish Warframe had a Sherpa program. I have seen it in other games and it is a great way for players to help other players. Sometimes I get a little bored with the grind and I just want to do easy missions, just have some fun. In the lower level missions, I often meet newer players and they often ask questions about mods or builds or clans. Since there has been a lot of focus from DE on newer players, helping them with the grind etc, I thought a sherpa program could be a good addition to that. 

What is the Sherpa Program:

• Players helping other players. There are enough seasoned players that are sitting on a lot of knowledge that they are more than happy to share. The program would be a way for newer players to get in contact with these seasoned players when they need help or have questions. 
  • High mastery rank (Rank 30 and up) players or players with a substantial amount of hours in game (High mastery does not necessarily mean you are good at the game), that want to help other players, can register online for the program. DE should be in charge of the register process.  Personally, I also think the account should be checked, in one way or another, to make sure the person is suitable to be helping others. I have no idea on how to check this, but there must be a way to check play time, chat behavior, etc.  
  • Once approved by DE, these players can call themselves Sherpas of the Void or 'insert better name here'. 
  • I think that the fact that they are Sherpas, should be visible in game. With for example special Glyph. This would make it easier for newer players to identify the Sherpas. 
  • That said, I think there should be a way for the Sherpas to go 'offline' as well. Something you just want to play and not answer questions. Again, a special Glyph to show that they are online and ready for questions, would be nice. Then they can switch to another glyph on the days they don't want to be a Sherpa. 

How to contact a Sherpa:

• Discord! There should be a separate, driven by DE, discord, where the newer players can ask questions, meet other players and where they can put in a request for a Sherpa. 
    Why driven by DE? Because it is ultimately DE that gives the Sherpa status, so they should also be the ones to check up on their Sherpas.  Also because it is ultimately DE that gives the Sherpa status, so they should also be the ones to check up on their Sherpas.
  • On top of that, personally I think it is important to make sure there are only people in there that actually want to help or get help. Funny comments are entertaining, but 5 million times a day 'Baro when' and 'Clem' in chat is not what I was thinking of. If someone likes that sort of thing, great, but I would like to refer you to the region chat.
  • A player that would like to get in touch with a Sherpa, can send a request on the discord. A Sherpa that is available can contact the player.
  • The Sherpas should have a different color name or icon in the Discord, given by the mods, to make sure that only official Sherpas see these requests. Of course, non Sherpa players can help as well, but if a newer player want a Sherpa, it should be made visible the player is actually getting a Sherpa and not someone that is pretending to be one. 
  • Since VC in Warframe is not really a thing, the designated discord can be a good mutual place to meet for Sherpa and player. 

What is in it for the Sherpas:

• I don't think a 'reward' is needed personally, the special glyph is enough. But there are games that reward their Sherpas with a care package in the month they have been active. Being a high enough rank to help out these other players, makes me think there is not much left for the Sherpas in the game. But I am sure there are other people out there with wonderful ideas on how to reward the players helping other players. 

I hope this makes sense to others as well. I just find myself bored sometimes and I wish I could find other people to help in the game I have been playing so much and for so long. 

Can someone in DE please make this happen? 

5 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, DutchDiva88 said:

Players helping other players. There are enough seasoned players that are sitting on a lot of knowledge that they are more than happy to share. The program would be a way for newer players to get in contact with these seasoned players when they need help or have questions. 

There Q&A channel for that and google and wiki and youtube and ally chat and ally discord.

33 minutes ago, DutchDiva88 said:
  • Once approved by DE, these players can call themselves Sherpas of the Void or 'insert better name here'. 
  • I think that the fact that they are Sherpas, should be visible in game. With for example special Glyph. This would make it easier for newer players to identify the Sherpas. 
  • That said, I think there should be a way for the Sherpas to go 'offline' as well. Something you just want to play and not answer questions. Again, a special Glyph to show that they are online and ready for questions, would be nice. Then they can switch to another glyph on the days they don't want to be a Sherpa. 

Basically a GM. Wont work here.

Edited by Zakkhar

21 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

There Q&A channel for that and google and wiki and youtube and ally chat and ally discord.

But what if people actually want to talk to people and not google things or watch a youtube movie?
Ally discord is great, but a dedicated Warframe help discord might be better. 

23 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

why not?

1 minute ago, DutchDiva88 said:
25 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

why not?

WF has partner program. Content creators.

What you are proposing is unpaid labour.

2 minutes ago, DutchDiva88 said:

but a dedicated Warframe help discord might be better. 

https://discord.com/invite/playwarframe

4 minutes ago, DutchDiva88 said:

But what if people actually want to talk to people and not google things or watch a youtube movie?

Content creators stream on twitch and you can totally talk to them there.

12 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

WF has partner program. Content creators.

What you are proposing is unpaid labour.

Unpaid labour..? No, that is not what I am proposing. It is literally helping others out because you want too. Signing up for an activity to help others, is not unpaid labour. Nobody is making them do it, there is no ultimatum, it is supposed to be for fun. For the player that has everything and wants to pay it forward. 

And partnerships with content creators is also not what I mean. Sure you can talk to the streamers, but what if you need help with clearing a planet? or with modding? Or figuring out how subsuming works? And you actually would like to talk to someone that is talking to you and not in general (stream or youtube). And also, not everybody gets it the first time explaining, I know it took me a while before I got the whole synergy thing, what worked together on what warframe, what didn't. Sure, you can ask that in a stream, but I hope we can agree on that talking to a streamer is completely different from talking to someone one-on-one in a voicechat.  

hi im a newer player to warframe and just stumbled across this and i actually really like this idea. i had seen clips of warframe on youtube and tiktok and it always looked interesting but i didnt start playing until my bf and a couple of my friends who have 1000+hrs in this game introduced me to it. i think i wouldve dropped it too if not for them. maybe its just a me thing, but sometimes i feel like warframe isnt the clearest in its mission objectives (literally i was failing every spy mission then he just, showed me how to do it properly and kill the sensor bars and deactivate the alarms. i know it sounds stupid but it really made a difference for me), so having someone there who just knew what to do was really helpful for me when i was learning the basics of the game. also i wouldnt have known kuva weapons, primes, or all the syndicate stuff existed for MUCH longer if they hadnt told me about them too for example

i also like the idea of some sort of 'rep system.' im not really the type of person to go into chat or randomly message someone for help guiding me through a mission or figuring out how to get something since ive had a few negative experiences in past games doing that. personally, id feel a lot better about going into a discord server or being connected to someone whose known for helping out other players rather than someone completely random

idk how plausible this all is to happen or how easy itd be to put into place, but i think a lot of newer players would like the idea of having their own 1000+hr 100% completed warframe sherpa to help them when they need it. i know its made my life much, much easier :)