Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revisited Defection, got reminded what it was like for supports to actually support things

WindShadow970

For masochistic giggles I decided to revisit one of Warframe's less than loved mission types: Lemming simulator...Defection. To the point, the NPC pathing is still horrendous, there are no indicators pointing out to you the positions of visible Manics and Red Veil Ops and the base mission pacing is sluggish but there is a saving grace: Support frames get to meaningfully support objectives, ok not all of them it's specifically healers (although for whatever reason Dante's Light Verse doesn't work, not at a diminished rate both the heal and overguard just don't work at all)

I ran this with Jade and I was pleasantly surprised at how good she is for this mission type, getting to be a walking life support system for the Kavor gave the feeling of "yes I get to do what I do best, keeping things alive". I immediately went and did this again with Harrow, Trinity, Vazarin Operator, Dante (disappointingly) , Oberon I even did this with Garuda whose missing health heal is actually quite good here. Haven't used Wisp, Gara, Equinox or Citrine here yet; Wisp should be fine, Citrine's kit doesn't lend itself to NPC sustain, Gara with her 2's augment should be quite good along with being able to wall off one med tower, Equinox should be fine.

I do notice though that Kavor durability wasn't readjusted to account for the new potency of eximus infested, Venomous and Volatile eximus units too easily blow up the Kavor.

It is also worth noting that this one of the few remaining modes where CC is valuable, yay!

A wish of mine if DE ever remembers the existence of this support friendly mode is to allow the Kavor to be given shields so that Protea and Hildryn also get to function here. Of course also address the longstanding problems with the mode.

• Like 4