Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Feedback on Atomocycle

ajingom

I want to say a few things about the Atomocycle.

Personally, I would like to see some more actions while riding the Atomocycle. Maybe DE is already thinking about the Atomocycle leveling up feature, but anyway.

1. About the Atomocycle's turning radius
I feel that the Atomocycle's turning radius is quite wide.
This makes the Atomocycle's playing experience not so good. Especially when you try to turn the Atomocycle when it's stopped or stuck somewhere.
In fact, there is already a similar solution in the game that can solve this. At the beginning of the demo, Arthur, riding the Atomocycle, quickly turns the Atomocycle by turning the rear wheel when it's stopped.
If it's below a certain speed, it wouldn't be strange if you could do a Skid Turn by quickly turning the Atomocycle's wheels with your legs as the axis and turning the Atomocycle in a narrow turning radius. Warframed characters are strong. 
At a certain speed or more, it would be okay to slide and turn like Akira Bike Action.
Anyway, we need some action that can reduce the turning radius.

2. About Atomocycle firing
I think this technique of using Atomocycle as a kind of shell was a bit of a dull action. There is no sense of speed because the wave of flames slowly spreads around the point of impact. Wouldn't it be better to have a quick explosion with a kaboom! feeling?
Also, when firing Atomocycle, I would like to have an action where the Atomocycle explodes immediately when it hits an enemy in its path, or the enemy gets hit by the Atomocycle and flies away. In fact, when we drive an Atomocycle in the game and the enemy touches the Atomocycle, there is an action where the enemy falls over. I think it's a bit strange that this doesn't apply only to Atomocycle firing.

3. About Atomocycle speed display
If there is a skill that can only be used at a certain speed, like Atomocycle firing, I would like to have a speedometer that shows the speed at which the skill can be used, like Gauss' energy meter. Of course, once you get used to the game, you can get the feel for the numbers, but it's better to have a visible standard anyway.

4. Various actions
When the speed is above a certain level, you can run along the wall like a wall latch for a short time, or climb vertically along the wall.

• Like 1

Strongly agree with all of this!

3 hours ago, ajingom said:

1. About the Atomocycle's turning radius
I feel that the Atomocycle's turning radius is quite wide.
This makes the Atomocycle's playing experience not so good. Especially when you try to turn the Atomocycle when it's stopped or stuck somewhere.
In fact, there is already a similar solution in the game that can solve this. At the beginning of the demo, Arthur, riding the Atomocycle, quickly turns the Atomocycle by turning the rear wheel when it's stopped.

ESPECIALLY THIS! The inability to make extremely sharp turns, even from a standstill, is one of my biggest gripes about the way the atomicycle handles right now.

I was going to suggest greatly lowering the turn radius when the bike is very slow or stationary (as with a regular bicycle)… but Arthur's spin-on-a-dime animation is OBJECTIVELY COOL AS HELL, and recycling that animation for sharp turns below a certain speed threshold feels like a genuinely perfect solution!

Edited by shut