Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MOB Koumei & the Five Fates: Hotfix #10

We’ve deployed a small iOS update that addresses crashes in the Entrati Labs, missing audio, fixes Wukong & Voruna ability bugs, and more. The team wanted to get you these fixes before the weekend arrived. 

While we are calling this a hotfix, it is actually a small CERT update (learn more about what that means here). Depending on your Automatic App Update preferences, you may need to manually update the app.

Fixes

• Fixed a crash that could occur when players entered Netracells Missions.
  • Fixed audio sometimes cutting out after a few minutes of gameplay.
  • Fixed getting stuck in an “Initializing” loop on the launcher if the app was opened while not connected to the internet.
  • Fixed the Dojo Treasuries text reading “Donation” instead of “Donate”.
  • Fixed Wukong’s Celestial Stomp Augment not activating on touch controls. Fixed Wukong’s Celestial Twin Ability not working correctly
    • Players on touch controls could not utilize the ability’s second function, to attack targets with increased damage.
  • Fixed Voruna being unable to cancel Ulfrun’s Descent Ability on touch controls.

Changes

• Traversal change in the Awakening Quest (Tutorial): a 90 degree wall that required vertical wall running to pass has been replaced by a diagonal slope that doesn’t require wall running to pass.
    • Some new players who are just getting started with Warframe’s touch controls find the mandatory wall run difficult to execute. Based on this feedback, we’ve replaced the wall with a slope to prevent players from getting stuck.

Device: iPhone SE 2020

TLDR: Please re-enable "low-performance devices" to access open-worlds and Duviri content which were serviceable and playable even if performance was not ideal.

After this update the game now prevents me entirely from entering any of the open-worlds (Plains of Eidolon/Orb Vallis/Cambion Drift) and accessing any of the Duviri game-modes. Upon attempting to enter any open-world (whether from the orbiter or from their respective hubs) or any Duviri game-mode I get a popup stating "This mission cannot be played on a low-end device at the moment. We are working on making it playable in the future". Previously the popup would only show a warning for low-performance, but still allowed entry.

While performance with the SE 2020 in the open-worlds or Duviri was not the greatest, they were still at the very least functional. Fishing, conservation and mining were all completely fine in all 3 open-worlds. As for doing bounties and engaging in open-world combat, the performance was serviceable enough to do so solo (I had not tried doing bounties multiplayer). While Out-of-memory errors did infrequently occur in Cambion Drift bounties, they were infrequent enough that it wasn't super frustrating and bounties were able to be completed the vast majority of the time. They had gotten much rarer with relatively recent updates. In Plains of Eidolon bounties they were even far more rarer still. In Orb Vallis bounties, out-of-memory errors did previously occur frequently enough that they pretty much prevented the completion of any bounties. However recent updates had actually greatly reduced them to the point that bounties were actually able to be completed (I hadn't attempted that many of the them after initially finding out that I was actually able to complete a bounty, but I was still able to complete some nonetheless).

As for Duviri content, The Circuit (including Steel Path), The Duviri Experience and The Lone Story were all fine, playable and able to be completed in their entirety while solo. As for multiplayer, The Circuit (including Steel Path) was often relatively low-performance but it was at least playable, enough so that it could still be enjoyable and it didn't prevent me from being able to meaningfully contribute to the mission and complete them for the rewards. Only multiplayer The Duviri Experience and The Lone Story would have out-of-memory errors after some transitions between the over-world and the undercroft (to reiterate this was only for multiplayer - solo was fine and completable in their entirety, again after recent updates).

All in all, I was previously able to do these open-world/duviri content and get their rewards, even if performance was often relatively low. However, after this update I am locked out of accessing them from my phone entirely. Incarnon genesis adapters and their required duviri materials, open-world syndicate standing and rank-up materials, and any other content that required open-world materials such as companions, companion mods and modular weapons can no longer be acquired from playing on my phone. It is very frustrating to suddenly lose access to these areas and missions I was previously perfect after the general reduction in out-of-memory errors from updates over the past couple of months. This is especially frustrating for Duviri content as a lot it was previously inaccessible due to those out-of-memory errors which recent updates fixed.

Please re-enable the ability for devices identified as being low-performance to access these sections of the game again with the old warning for low performance that didn't completely lock me out.

Thank you.