The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proto Armour Feedback Megathread

Mama_Sasha

I'm glad this came out. Always started and have been a committed fan to Excalibur.

Though I started with and eventually sold him (3 Formas to boot!), I then purchased Hunter Founder to support Digital Extremes and to gain access to Excalibur Prime (I wish I had Master Founder, but I didn't have the funds at the time, and I was literally purchasing the Founder at the very last minute).

Once the Immortal Skins came out, I purchased it on Excalibur Prime straight away. The textures made him look better, and I didn't have to deal with the uncolorable shades of gray on his back. 

When I saw the update notes, there was no hesitation to immediately purchased the Proto-Armor Skin, though I had to agonize and eventually lavish him even more with the Uru Syndanna. There are no regrets; the fact that you can't equip an alt helmet makes me sad, but not incredibly happy, as I prefer Excalibur Prime's vanilla helm (i.e. I wasn't missing too much because I chose to not have the option in the first place). It also helped that I gained a rather large amount of platinum from trading (having a high Mastery really helps to snag those elusive good deals).

I should get some screenshots...

EDIT: Okay, there is one small regret; the fact that there's a significant uncolorable gray section on the Proto-Armor skin.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

From what I have heard about the regular Excalibur frame and my own experience with the Prime version of it, it seems to be a bug, as I can't seem to change the helmet on Excalibur Prime (without using the Proto skin) and my friend has the same problem on the regular version of the frame...

Well DE, good job on the Proto-Armor. Just make some of the uncolorable parts colorable and it's perfect.

You guys should release skins like these for the other frames as well, it's quite a refreshing sight.

Also now that the Proto-Armor is out, should we be expecting Proto-Glaive as well?

Nope.

Only if you can become the second Hayden Tenno

I personally am more excited about the fact that I'll use Hayden Tenno with katana in U13, with DMC like melee combos, when it arrives that is. Probably mid- late april.

As a huge fan of Dark Sector, I love this as well. I wish the 150 platinum would include a themed avatar based on this skin and possibly a Glaive skin to make it look like the Glaive from Dark Sector. I also wish I could just unequip the primary and once melee 2.0 is here run around with the Glaive and a pistol (possibly my dear single Lex; dual wielding the Glaive and the pistol would be even cooler but I don't see that happening). I don't see how unequipping weapons would hurt anyone... it would actually make it more challenging if the player wants to do that. Maybe even add some xp bonus to the mission reward if the player does that?

Oh yes... I also don't like the changes from the original model for Hayden. Hayden didn't have the weird rocky bits on his legs, but he did have them on his corrupted arm. It's the other way around on this skin and it doesn't really make sense and it also looks bad. I would love to see this changed.

Well the one on the left is just military issue armor that actually went on top of what you see on the right.

The "armor" on the right is actually his skin, the virus causes the skin to turn to metal, and the one on the right is what the skin is closer to being in the game

the first image being right near the beginning of the game after he wakes up from having been injected directly into that side of his chest with the virus, the second image being after the virus continues to grow and armor made to compliment it

Hayden_tenno.jpeg

dark-sector_1.jpg

edit: (havent quite got to this point in Dark Sector yet, just got it last week....the bottom pic looks like Hayden is behind the wall opposite this "Excal"....interesting...now I def need to finish the game....)

Edited by Trouvo

I wasnt referring to you Noogums i was referring to previous posts, sorry that i did not clarify, i think you are always precise and consistant in your opinions, and i always enjoy reading your inputs because you go right to the point.

Apologies. Lots of shots fired in this thread.

Gonna' clean it up a touch.

Merged several threads into a lovely, stonking-great Megathread.

Edited by Noogums