The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eurogamer Warframe Review

AudioRejectz

I never encounters these bugs.

How can your cross hair be behind you?

Anyway, post them in the bug section so they could get fixed.

All games have bugs, this isnt anything new.

Its been in since U7 at least, and reported before. Its not even so much as a bug as poorly put together shooting.

He is obviously in no position to make reviews. Judging by the way he bashes on Warframe from his very first lines until the very end, you can clearly see that he has a grudge against it or didn't play for more than 20 min.

Glad i didn't know of that amateur site until now. Now all i need is to delete it from my memory.

4/10 seems a little low.

6/10 would be accurate, imo.

So much potential, but nothing but gear grind at its core. Poor AI, super repetitive gameplay, unimaginative mission structures... the negatives of Warframe far outweigh the positives.

It's sad, because it had so much potential during CB.

Edited by Zakalwe

4/10 seems a little low.

6/10 would be accurate, imo.

So much potential, but nothing but gear grind at its core. Poor AI, super repetitive gameplay, unimaginative mission structures... the negatives of Warframe far outweigh the positives.

It's sad, because it had so much potential during CB.

Please show me smart AI from any game

still not enough smart. Smart AI is myth

off topic but

----

A good game reviewer should spend at least 24 hours of game time before they make a draft for a review XD

I played mass effect 2 in 18 straight hours and started a second playthrough and then promplty passed out.

I do have to respect the review though cuz well 1st amendment.

it just felt biased as I read it.

You know when someone asks for any game with good AI, that you may as well not even bother. Either they have not played many games at all, or they are just butthurt from the truth.

Btw my clan was big into FEAR Combat. Awesome game, made average FPS gamers look like crap. Took alot of work to get good at.

Edited by way2faded

still not enough smart. Smart AI is myth

Killzone, and F.E.A.R. have by far the most fearsome, and painful AI systems in existence... at least the AI in Warframe aren't as torturous to the point they make you stop playing the game for several days, weeks, months, or even years... (I stopped playing killzone 1 a couple months after release, and then beat it after starting a new game on PS3.) Warframe doesn't make me cringe, and its not a painful none stop flurry of enemies coming at you... At least warframe is random, Killzone, and FEAR were scripted to just throw that stuff at you, and even if you expected it. It was by far one of the worst experiences to have replay it all after dying 10-50 times...

Edited by Arlayn

off topic but

----

A good game reviewer should spend at least 24 hours of game time before they make a draft for a review XD

I played mass effect 2 in 18 straight hours and started a second playthrough and then promplty passed out.

I do have to respect the review though cuz well 1st amendment.

it just felt biased as I read it.

We talking about game my friend. ^^ 

Edited by ---Eliminator_one---

All in all, my thoughts remain the same as when I first played the game in March.  The game has a lot of potential, but it remains to be seen if it will ever fulfill it.  It's a good game, but right now it's not a truly great one. 

I'm alittle behind on this topic but the statement above intrigues me. You make it as the closing statement to a good set of pros and cons but appear to have missed that this very statement is actually an enormous con.

You've played for 8 months and non of your cons have changed? That sounds like no improvements have been made and I think on alot of those issues it is true. As I've already said, DE are very good at waving new shiny things in our faces to stop us thinking about the long running problems but are very bad at fixing the long term issues.

And this game is not a beta.  A F2P game that anyone can sign up and play, with a working micro-transaction system is not in beta no matter what the devs think. They are using the beta badge as a line of defense against criticism and with some people it works.

This guy Dan Whitehead is a friend of a friend. He's okay. He's certainly played A LOT of console shooters, I can assure you.

Points I'd like to make:

Console gamers don't understand beta.

Console gamers don't understand f2p.

Warframe isn't a AAA title but it is consistently reviewed as such.

Warframe's "micro-transactions" ARE ridiculously overpriced.

Map design IS repetitive.

The tutorial IS laughable, teaching players everything they know already and yet stopping short of discussing what they don't know about advanced parkour moves and mod mechanics.

AI IS poor, but this is true of every real time game ever made. The closed corridors of the map design make AI irrelevant for the most part.

Warframe isn't deep. It IS just level/item grinding for no real purpose or benefit.

Every review I've ever read of Warframe has the same criticisms as this review. This one is just blunt about it.

Esh, such a subjective bias towards the free shooter MMO in this guy's tone. Reviewing a game in beta and giving it a 4/10.....*facepalm*

Yes WF is a grinding game, but everyone knows that and some people are drawn in by that, some people really actually enjoy grinding 10+ hours for a prime weapon and the joy of getting it. World of Tanks is such a grinding heavy game but look it has a massive player base! Grinding games can be enraging....but they are also fun and rewarding!

DE is working on spicing up boss fights, look at lephantis, and the Ruk re-make. Critiquing them for something they are working on? GG bias reviewer

Monotonous? LOL this same guy gave CoD a 7/10 and he calls this game monotonous. That is real funny.

Map tileset similarity apparently got his panties in a bunch, He obviously doesn't realize that there is only so much you can cram into a level before it eventually feels boring, trying playing any popular FPS  map over and over. Case and point, everything gets boring.

Bad AI? Yeah we know. DE is on it.

Point: Obviously went into this game with extremely high expectations or just felt a distaste for DE itself, not a player willing to grind or enjoy this type of game. They should have put someone who enjoys Free to Plays and MMOs in the reviews seat. Doesn't matter though, Wf's player base is growing, since when have reviews turned anyone off from getting a free to play?

Why is, "yes we know and DE are working on it" a valid excuse for almost everything?

If some takes illegal drugs and says "yes I know they are but I'm trying to get them legalised", does that mean what he was doing is not illegal? No. So if the AI is bad, bugs are frequent, grind is excessive etc, those things remain true criticisms whether DE are actively trying to fix them or not. At the time of the review on the version played, these issues were present so you can critique them.

Stop wheeling out the same old excuse for everything. At some point that line gets old. Some of these issues appear to be 6 months old and still exist so the defense is flimsy at best. The review is blunt, slightly harsh but in no way factually incorrect.

Edited by Teorina

I wasnt talking about using exploits.

So, hiding behind a box and derping a bit to the side so you can shoot BUT the enemies cannot shoot back isn't an exploit for you?

The two of you are talking about different kinds of exploiting.

It's still an AI issue. If when you derp behind the box they start throwing grenades (with a decent aim) or simply hide completely behind their boxes, they force you to stay mobile at all times, and manage to alleviate the issue that there is no cover mechanic.

But the AI is too dumb, and does not detect this condition.

The review in itself is a fair one, doubt the reviewer spent that much time with the game or cared to read through the wiki for information on various questions he had. The scoring is a bit odd but everyone seems to have their own set of score marks, would give it a 6 though personally.

Those who blame him for not doing a real review with some depth, really what depth? Do you honestly belive that the current lack of balance, grind till you drop,clumsy mod system and handfull of repetative enemies would go well in a review? It is a beta excuse do not work anymore due to the end of the founders(beta support the devs) and the new ember prime package (live stuff), this is a live game both on pc and ps4 for all intents and purposes but in name. If balance changes can not be made due to regards to the plat already spent by its customers and the pr issues that would follow -> live marketing decision.

This guy Dan Whitehead is a friend of a friend. He's okay. He's certainly played A LOT of console shooters, I can assure you.

Points I'd like to make:

Console gamers don't understand beta.

Console gamers don't understand f2p.

Warframe isn't a AAA title but it is consistently reviewed as such.

Warframe's "micro-transactions" ARE ridiculously overpriced.

Map design IS repetitive.

The tutorial IS laughable, teaching players everything they know already and yet stopping short of discussing what they don't know about advanced parkour moves and mod mechanics.

AI IS poor, but this is true of every real time game ever made. The closed corridors of the map design make AI irrelevant for the most part.

Warframe isn't deep. It IS just level/item grinding for no real purpose or benefit.

Every review I've ever read of Warframe has the same criticisms as this review. This one is just blunt about it.

no one is saying the review is wrong or that warframe is a 10/10 title... these cons mentioned on the review exist, but they do not make the game bad... warframe is repetitive and the AI is dumb. If that guy Dan Whitehead added to the review, two simple sentences.

Would you play?

If you played, did you enjoy it? -

Good or Bad is relative.