My Endgame Experience

ninosan

So, after more than 500+ hours or game play here are my feedback

For those TL;DR people:

I) too much farming

II) too much mods are becoming useless

III) too many weapons are becoming useless

IV) barely any customization

V) Little game mode choices. Grinding game mode becoming more popular while the others are just ignored (the non nightmare / non void / non boss). Eventually only some map become relevant

VI) Frames are highly unbalanced. Updates often ruin frames (Mag , ember etc). New frames are often disappointment (Valkyr).

VII) Melee have very little utility. Smaller melee weapons become less popular or simply useless.

VIII) UI. Chat UI have little customization. Matchmaking ... well you know it ... too random.

IX) some bugs such as Melee weapon stuck are still there after the longest time.

=====================================================================

I) Grind/farm fest.

As soon as I log in = grind.

New update = new event, new map , new repetition, more grind.

New Frame = A little excitement, a lot of disappointment and more grind.

New Weapon = A little curiosity, Mastery concern and more grind.

After a good 500+ hours, the aspect of fun diminished. Everything new equal to more grinding. Yeah, and partly including farming ... praying to RNG God / Goddess to end our misery.

II) Mods

Mods are suppose to be useful. The current system, only around 10-20% of the mods collection are actually useful.

The rest of them, their usefulness is overshadowed by the others. That being said, every single players here are power hungry. Serration, Hornet Strike, and more ... those mods give more than double the damage without penalty. This make the mods irreplaceable. These kinds of mods suppose to be removed and embedded within the weapon themselves. 

Hate to say , the developers created hundreds of different mods, and at the end, they are useless. Why spend time making useless stuff ?

III) Weapons

Thank to damage 2.0 , more weapons become usable again. Still, their usefulness does not last long. At the end , some weapons are either garbaged or shelved for decorations. Again, why spend time on something useless ?

IV) Customization

There are not much arent there ..

We have colors, Some helmet, and ... pet (sentinel) ... thats all ...

The whole entire body of object are consist of 5 predefined color locations. Some ... are just non adjustable (e.g. Snipetron Vandal)

Weapons ... find the most OP, get the damage mod in, some elements, fill in whatever lacks.

I played around with borderland 2 weapon mods hack . Now thats a serious modding.

Each weapon parts have their own plus and minuses compared to the others. Example:

Barrel A : 10% damage, -10% noise, -10% accuracy, +5% recoil , etc ...

Compared to :

Serration : 240% damage. Hallelujah for more damage ....

Not only that, some weapon come with scope, some with silencer, some have attached grenade launcher, some with laser precision, etc.

Yet another game, I can change the scope or silencer during the mission itself to adjust better to situations.

V) Game Mode

I bet if you do statistics on the non-void game modes,

the highest would be Defense/Survival/Mobile Defense. Lets be more specific , Cyath , Xini , Apollodorus, Kappa, etc ...

Second highest would be boss maps.

Each game mode should give equal benefit.

VI) Frames

Apart from the intense farming and not so nice RNG Gods, only several frames are becoming main stream. Well this can be related to the game mode, mods and weapons.

One thing for sure, 4 skills per frame ... seriously =.=

Not only that, For some reason its always damage, damage and more damage.

Biggest impact that I got was the modification of Mag's Pull.

From the best crowd control and crowd organizer, to a simply skill to kill . From the best skill to use with Miter, to "dont even need weapon" / cant be used with any weapon (because they throw things around .. good luck reaiming everything).

Valkyr get really popular as the worst frame with fun ripline.

VII) Melee

Ninja should be really good with melee. Big or small.

What melee currently good for ??? Zoren Copter .... yay ~

Not only melee is hard to aim due to the forward animation per click, it has very little utility. Smaller melee weapons or single enemy hitter getting much less popular compared to bigger and Aoe based weapons. All melee should have the utility to do both AoE and Single attack. 

Blocking is another sad one ... Run the number and you will see barely anyone EVER block. I'll say less that 0.0001% or less of the game action is block. Something have to be done about this. 

VIII) UI

Chat window is blocking the planets.  Why cant we create custom chat tab ? custom chat color ?

Matchmaking ... too random .... bad host .... laggy ... ARRGGHH .... some people are self aware with how crappy their internet is, hence they will never host. Any option for this ? i guess not ... dont blame the host .. .blame Lotus !

IX) Bugs

They are there and need to be squashed.

Some still persist :

---- MELEE STUCK ... yes .. I dont know how long I have been crying because I just simply cannot use my melee. It just wont do anything ...

---- Mobile Defense (Cyath map) falling platform ... I laugh so hard when that happened.

probably there are more ... im tired ...

==================

Guess what ... 

The fact that I am writing this long is because I do not feel the enjoyment of playing the game itself.

I started with Clan of 4 ... then 20 ... then 1 ... yes ... only me ... the rest got BORED

This game is still in BETA ... and I do expect a lot of improvements. 

and I do hope so ....

Edited by ninosan

Well written post. I agree with a lot of stuff on it. Like everyone i'm hoping that DE will manage to address all of those sooner rather than later :)

The fact that you took your time to write that post shows that you care, which is a lot more than it is often shown.

I hope the devs give this a looksee, Mr. Ninosan.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137875-a-complete-rework-of-the-foundation-of-warframe/

This fellow has some really really good ideas.

Hoho ... I love this guy's post .... his idea rocks !

the DE have to flip their tables, office and brain to get that idea implemented

@Renan

yeah ... The longest I played a game is 2.5 years. One game that make me change my perspective of gaming. Especially MMO. Any other MMO right now are just in comparison. But one aspect that get carry on here. FAST PACED ACTION..