Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse Crits

Zadier

Planning to make Synapse, and I have a question.  Was it ever determined whether using a maxed Point Strike on Synapse for 125% crit rate actually made any difference over leaving it at 100%?  I recall people saying the extra 25% was a chance for a second crit, but when I looked it up to confirm it other people were saying those were just headshots/elemental mod damage/etc.  In any case, the whole thing might have been changed with Damage 2.0 anyway so I'd like to ask, is there actually any benefit to having 125% crit, or should I just leave it at 100% for 2 extra mod points?

it's 125% added to the percentage of the crit chance of the weapon. but the 125% is based off of the current crit rate.

so 10% percent would get bumped 12.5% or 125% of 10% totalling 22.5% crit chance

I don't know why people are telling you different

and point strike maxes at +150% crit chance

EDIT

OH nevermind! just checked out the synapse that i had in storage with it's 50% chance hit. so yes getting a point strike above 100% would do nothing for you.

Edited by stVillain

They got rid of "red numbers" which looking back could have easily been a critical-critical.

I'm inclined to believe that it's capped at 100% now.

The double crit never existed.

Yellow means modified once, red means modified twice (or more).

Crit is just one kind of modifier and there are others that come from powers or stealth.

Very rarely it can happen that an enemy doesn't know where you are and gives you a yellow number if you didn't crit or a red number if you did crit, which led to believe double crits existed. Stuff like ash and loki's invisibility is not a crit but a flat melee damage multiplier. There was also some weird bonus going on between synapse and the volt shield, but even then it was only one crit plus a flat electric multiplier.