The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Disappeared The Effect Shock,freeze And Fire On Enemy

DragonSlayer994

thanks but i didn't understand, because mod freeze 60% and shock 50% and not freeze/shock anybody, it's strange. in update 10 i saw physic effect(damage) and visual effect(enemy ice), now no. why?

excuse me the disorder.

ps: on kunai i have cold 22.5... 22.5 what is it? %?

Edited by DragonSlayer994

Let's use Kunai with the Deep Freeze mod for an example. A little lengthy, so tucked behind a spoiler button.

kunai-cold.png

Kunai has a base damage of 45, which is split among 4.5 Impact, 33.8 Puncture, and 6.7 Slash damage. (4.5+33.8+6.7 = 45) Adding your Deep Freeze mod, at rank 4, gives you an additional 50% cold damage, based on total base damage (45 * 0.50 = 22.5 cold damage, outlined above). This display simply shows that you have 22.5 additional cold damage applied to your weapon. It's a convenient way to see a preview of what effects mods have, especially when combining elements.

The other part of this is the visual effect. In this example, the "frozen" appearance of enemies indicates Deep Freeze's secondary elemental effect, which slows enemies. Since update 11, these effects are not applied on every hit anymore. There is a weapon stat called "status chance" which affects the chance for an enemy to be slowed by ice. For Kunai, this chance is 2.5%, outlined in the picture above. This means that approximately 1 out of every 40 Kunai you throw will apply the freezing status effect.

Furthermore, if you equip both Deep Freeze and Convulsion at the same time, they combine to be magnetic element instead of ice and electric. With this mod configuration, Kunai will never freeze nor shock enemies, instead they will apply the magnetic status effect which reduces shield capacity by 75%. Read more about the new elements and damage 2.0 system here and here.

kunai-magnetic.png

Here I've equipped a rank 4 Deep Freeze and a rank 5 Convulsion. Instead of having 50% ice and 90% electric damage added, they combine and stack to add 140% magnetic damage (45 * 1.40 = 63 magnetic damage). It also indicates what elements, cold and electric, were combined to give this effect.

In summary, elemental mods still add their damage on every hit, without a visual effect besides damage numbers. The secondary elemental status effects that you can see, like freezing, burning, etc are only applied rarely, depending on your weapon's status chance.