Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyrs Hysteria Needs To Be Aoe

Dallas

"Valkyr is imbued with energy and becomes a ball of vicious rage, capable of unleashing a torrent of deadly claw attacks on unsuspecting foes."

Seems like shes punching more than slashing. Her claws need more range and need to hit enemies within a radius. Like most of the heavy melee weapons do.

imo instead of a buncha punches like she';s usin an obex she should instead use those claws on her hands to swipe in a wide arc allowing her to hit any1 within 90 degrees of her and perhaps enable a charge attack for it that allows her to swing 360 hitting everything around her for 40-50% more damage but is slower

Edited by Divinehero

+1, and her speed when using hysteria, should definetly be buffed too, both her movement and her attatck speed..

and her shields should be way higher, that armour dosent do jack to keep her alive.

to compensate for her speed and shields, the duration could be shorter..

I agree. I hate to be using Hysteria on high level missions just as a "getaway invul" last resort. Heck, her melee would take a long time to even kill one Grineer Elite by level 50+. And if you're surrounded, its just a matter of time when Hysteria wears off...

• 4 weeks later...

I think she could use more attacks not just that endless punching with the melee button use the left and right mouse buttons .one could be like a ripline attack that locks on to the enemy closest to her where she pulls them in and slams them to the ground and can be followed up with her ground attack, and the other could be a wide swinging aoe cone type attack that knocks back enemies in range damaging them maybe a spinning kick of some kind and it would help if she had claws on her feet as well.

If there is not going to be a charge attack, allow people to hold down the attack key for continuous strikes, otherwise add a charge attack. That would be my suggestion.

Another suggestion would be to add a special jump aoe attack and a run jump dash attack and a dash effect. make hysteria more than just swings. Make Hysteria change the way you play her and add more Hysteria effects. A lot of potential here. I have seen many games that do more than hysteria does.

And another would be to either transform or other 3 powers or boost them while in hysteria mode like holding down 1 to pull in multiple enemies in front of you.

"Valkyr is imbued with energy and becomes a ball of vicious rage, capable of unleashing a torrent of deadly claw attacks on unsuspecting foes."

Seems like shes punching more than slashing. Her claws need more range and need to hit enemies within a radius. Like most of the heavy melee weapons do.

It also shouldn't stop you from moving.  It should give the unique benefit of having no slowdown during an attack, at least for quick attacks.  Right now it's just too slow paced to care for.

Nerfing the damage to make sure this ability would stay balanced is acceptable.  But I want it to be more mobile, as well as have wide cleaving slashes.