Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm I Allowed To Do Alerts For My Friend?

Albireos

My friend does it for his girlfriend all the time (college schedules, huh?). I prefer not to help either of them with it, since I'm a mean-spirited Tenno.

My opinion is that it's not hurting anyone, so it's alright (although I dislike doing stuff like that). Not sure if it's "against the rules" or anything, or more of a moral choice.

Open Beta Agreement

You must agree to the following rules before accessing any of the game:

This Open Beta Test is voluntary. You are in a privileged role to offer constructive feedback and input into improving Warframe. You are testing Warframe at your own risk; Digital Extremes takes no responsibility for any damages – whether physical or digital.

1.  You may NOT share, sell, transfer, assign, or give away your Warframe account. If there is suspicion or proof of breach of confidentiality, your account may be deleted.

2.  Digital Extremes owns every aspect of the game Warframe. No created content, weapons, names, accounts, or any items within the game belong to the account holder. The game license between you and Warframe is limited and does not grant you any ownership rights for the Open Beta or the Game.

3.  Community behavior is of the utmost important to us. We want to ensure our community has the best possible Warframe experience and that depends as much on you as it does on the Game. You must agree to be respectful, abide by the rules, play honestly, and be nice. Read our Code of Conduct for community rules in the forums. Bottom line: be a decent human being.

4.  The Open Beta will change often and possibly without notice. Weapons, Warframes, and every feature of the game may change as often as every day. We will keep you updated with these changes when you launch the game. By agreeing to these terms, you express consent for updating.

5.  Any experience or achievements accumulated during your time in the Open Beta may be removed or reset at any time during the Open Beta testing period. When the game is opened to the public, each player may be returned to novice status.

6.  During the Open Beta Test, you will have the opportunity to purchase Platinum, the official Warframe in-game currency; Platinum can be used to buy items in the game. In the event that we reset the player base (after Open Beta or otherwise) we will set your Platinum balance to the total amount previously purchased.

7.  If you take issue with the service provided by Digital Extremes, you may follow an informal custom dispute resolution through us. See the End User License Agreement for additional details regarding the dispute resolution process.

8.  Digital Extremes reserves all rights to terminate your account at any time and for any reason. If your account is deleted for whatever reason, you may dispute it through the informal process outlined above.

9.  During the Open Beta test, we have the right to interrupt service or the Warframe Website for maintenance, by agreeing to this contract, you are accepting that the Game, Website, and your account may not always be accessible.

10. Please be aware that this agreement is susceptible to change. If you continue to use the game or the Website, it will be assumed that you have agreed to such changes.

11. You agree that you are not entitled to any ownership or rights over Warframe for your voluntary participation.

Conclusion

In conclusion and to be certain, as a Open Beta tester, you are invited to play the Game for the sole purpose of evaluating the Game and identifying errors. Nothing in this agreement, or on the Website, shall be construed as granting you any rights or privileges of any kind with respect to the Game or content that you find here. The Game is provided for testing on an "as is", "as available" basis, and Digital Extremes makes no warranty to you of any kind, express or implied.

You understand and agree that playing the Game is at your own risk, that you know that the Game may include known or unknown bugs, and that Digital Extremes has no obligations to you with respect to the Game, including and without limitation any obligation to provide such games to you in the future at no charge.

More detailed descriptions of these rules can be found in the End User License Agreement, Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which you are also agreeing to by playing the game or using the Warframe Website.

Open Beta Agreement

^ Right, so TECHNICALLY, youre not really supposed to "give" your account to someone else. But if you were to log into someone elses account, no one would give a S#&$.

There is no means or motive on the part of DE to stop you jumping into a friends account

No one would even be able to tell that it's you in their account and not them. 

I mean for F*** sake, a lot of players have other dummy accounts set up so they have more than one profile and they hop between them.

So just go for it. 

Edited by Santaphrax

^ Right, so TECHNICALLY, youre not really supposed to "give" your account to someone else. But if you were to log into someone elses account, no one would give a S#&$.

There is no means or motive on the part of DE to stop you jumping into a friends account

No one would even be able to tell that it's you in their account and not them. 

I mean for F*** sake, a lot of players have other dummy accounts set up so they have more than one profile and they hop between them.

So just go for it. 

Some people have the dummy account to test and make sure noobies can survive yet at the beginning of the game with all new gear... Trust me. It is for a good cause of testing the game and making sure it eventually caters to noobs some day. Because a game cannot thrive without them.

On a side note this seems more like a question should be directed towards a employee of DE like Rebecca, or Megan for more clear answer.

Some people have the dummy account to test and make sure noobies can survive yet at the beginning of the game with all new gear... Trust me. It is for a good cause of testing the game and making sure it eventually caters to noobs some day. Because a game cannot thrive without them.

On a side note this seems more like a question should be directed towards a employee of DE like Rebecca, or Megan for more clear answer.

I never condemned the dummy accounts !

I actually endorse going back to the beginning and seeing new changes with fresh eyes for exactly the reasons you stated. 

I've wanted to do alerts for my friend when he's at work, and my girlfriend when she's at uni.. I haven't been doing them because of the open beta agreement, but I'd love to get a message here from someone who works at DE to say we can =o

*puppy eyes* Pwease DE?

Open Beta Agreement

1.  You may NOT share, sell, transfer, assign, or give away your Warframe account. If there is suspicion or proof of breach of confidentiality, your account may be deleted.

So like if my do alerts with my friends account does that mean my account is safe? since he is sharing his account and i'm not?

I've wanted to do alerts for my friend when he's at work, and my girlfriend when she's at uni.. I haven't been doing them because of the open beta agreement, but I'd love to get a message here from someone who works at DE to say we can =o

*puppy eyes* Pwease DE?

Never gonna happen.

Why? 'Cause if anyone at DE ever said this was ok, every shameless knucklehead would try to take advantage of it.

Some examples:

"My (girlfriend/brother/cousin/buddy) used my platinum to buy something I didn't want. I demand a refund!"

"Why was I banned? I wasn't cheating or spamming chat with racial slurs, that was my (girlfriend/brother/cousin/buddy) using my account!"

This rule exists for DE's protection as much as your own. You are not supposed to share your account with anyone, but if you do, you're responsible for any/all consequences.

Never gonna happen.

Why? 'Cause if anyone at DE ever said this was ok, every shameless knucklehead would try to take advantage of it.

Some examples:

"My (girlfriend/brother/cousin/buddy) used my platinum to buy something I didn't want. I demand a refund!"

"Why was I banned? I wasn't cheating or spamming chat with racial slurs, that was my (girlfriend/brother/cousin/buddy) using my account!"

This rule exists for DE's protection as much as your own. You are not supposed to share your account with anyone, but if you do, you're responsible for any/all consequences.

Could still work if they said okay, but any infractions on an account are there for good regardless of how they came about?

You are absolutely able to share accounts, but you must understand by doing so you accept you will not be covered by the ToS and are leaving your account status liable for a ban if DE has any will to do so.

Which they don't. Just don't do that account sharing thing during grindng events as that opens you up further for penalty.

Edited by Psychosist

I've asked a friend to run alerts for me before if he spotted something I wanted, like Aura mods, and nothing happened. I really wouldn't worry about it. The people trying to tell you otherwise think DE would crack down on the slightest of slights.

The thing is that those terms are in place so that DE has the privelege to confiscate accounts that have been stolen or sold. Random people making money off of a company's own intellectual property is a big no-no; just look at account or gold-selling in Warcraft. What's in the game is still technically theirs, even if it's on your account.