Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma And Galatine Too Cheap For Their Effectiveness

some_random_guy_1

While powerful, I feel like the issue with Galatine is that it happens to be the only melee weapon suited for Pluto.  Uncharged melee is garbage (although at least the Dakra is shiny garbage) and even among charged, it's clear just how much of a lead the Galatine has over the Orthos Prime.

Honestly, I'm just waiting for a Galatine Prime...  I'm just imagining the balance complaints now lol.

^ This. It's not so much that Galatine is OP, it's that all other melee weapons suck and scale terribly into late game.

Put differently, all the melee weapons besides Galatine are underpowered.

Edited by Dalewyn

WARNING: WALL OF REPLIES... and text, just a TIIIIIIIIIINY bit of text (sarcasm of course)

I think these replies will sum up alot of what has been debated

15 OROKIN CELLS? Are you guys crazy?! 

The weapons are good as they are, great for lazy people like me. If you want better, you can go farm Void Missions for better weapons. Leave these weapons for the new players to avoid feeling like beating bags. 

Well you're at least honest that you're lazy. No game should reward lazy people or lazy actions, though p2w players are saddly the exeption (DE needs money too) and the problem is that a player isnt going to feel like that unless they go jumping into a mission WAY above their stats, again no clue why anyone should be getting a weapon at rank 3 that has even slight potential to hammer multiple thousands of damage a swing like the galatine, and the soma doesnt need a rank increase, just not to cost what ANYONE at rank 6 has without it at least putting a mark in it, saying, you arn't just goint go GET this, you need to do something to get it, even if its just a bit of supplies, it puts a dent in there that the average player can notice.

I do though agree 15 is a BIIIT excessive, I'd think what I put would be plenty, 15 orokin cells... now that is just a bit overkill.

I think changing the material cost to justify their power is hardly worth it any more.  Many people have gotten them already, especially the soma before its mastery requirement raise.  

Weapons that have a greater cost should just be raised to the level of or be better situationally than the soma already.

I can see where you're coming from. the same thing was said on the boost on the soma before, but this stops the problem. its like saying "well we have 30% of our population infected with this lethal disease, lets give up hope and let is kill us all." (meh analogy I know)

what I'm trying to get across is that this isn't to solve the entire problem but to fix what has started and stop it from spreading, especially since more people join this game every day and to ignore it just adds to the problem, making it worse.

I don't play the game to find the cutest or most stylish weapon. I play the game to get the strongest. I am strongly against ANY nerf to a gun and anything to do with raising the limits needed to get it. The better guns = the better it is for all of us.

Leave the gun's alone and ask for better one's if you think this is too easy. It's great for people who don't want to waste their time farming hours on end for a Prime Weapon.

Lets start with the basics, FEW GOOD GAMES JUST HAND THINGS OVER! when you play a game you earn your winnings, if you work for it, you get good winnings, if you just barely try, you don't.

You don't HAVE to put in hours of farming, but you arn't getting an item that quickly if it is really good. you work for it.

take galatine. this thing can stack up to PLUTO! and what mastery is it? 3... 3 is not pluto, 3 is possibly SLIGHTLY into uranus if you rush, 3 is not pluto. either you work for that strength or you go play a lazy mans game, and warframe isnt lazy, if you want it to be, too bad, not even p2w helps mastery.

Just you wait, the Soma is a Tenno weapon, eventually they will release a Prime varant of it, and when people get their way with the nerf, that would be the time when all of you here would regret of doing such thing.

not really, the nerf needs to happen. primes are annoying enough to get with drop rates, when you get them, you most likely earned them... unless you have a 20 leaf clover stapled to a rabit's foot, soddered to a horseshoe next to you.

as for the soma and galatine, the soma just needs mastery 6, and I don't know ANYONE at that rank that wouldn't have way more than enough to pay for the soma's cost. the galatine is even worse, shure mastery 3 might need to work a tiny bit for some left over things they might not have, but a rank 6 power weapon at rank 3... forget about it.

WARNING: this doesn't reply to all the comments, just ones most common and have been, and probably will be, repeated.

future comment replies going here... (aka: any interesting posts below that I want to reply to for whatever reason)

Malora_Sidewinder:

guns are normally measured by potential, not by start. Nerfs and Buffs are something for mesuring their beginning stats, and even their potential sometimes, but if a gun can be as strong as soma can become, even without forma, it is still dangerously powerful for its price.

ps: galatine comment, focus energy+reflex coil, already charges faster than most swords because the mods together cause 100% charge speed increase.

I am glad to finally see a legitimate argument against my post unlike more ranting, thank you so much for giving me hope that most arguments wont boil down to angry grunting with a half thought up comment. even if it is against my post and i can counter debate, the fact it is counter debating and not just dismissing as rage, or illogical, is amazing.

NBK1510:

whenever I see those comments, I doubt people who post them do, they just love THING X for whatever reason, normally op or easy to get high lv stuff at lower lvs, then they decide to attack whoever decides to go against it without any reasons, logical or even ILLOGICAL. Just a rule of thumb, don't take comments seriously unless they have legitimate reasons stated to attack posts, you waste your time on them.

aa3123:

Refer to the replies above, the one I replied to that said just because people already got it for cheap we shouldn't change it.

also

A: not selfish, just trying to balance the game, and you say that to me yet can you say that to the people who got rid of, or never had one of these who agrees with me, I had the soma, got rid of it because the game wasn't a challenge and I didn't find it fair to have an M6 weapon at M3, really, I just hate not having any challenge in the game unless I earn the not challenge part.

if you don't like a balanced game, try something else, there are enough P2W FTPs out there.

also, you kinda just threw in that supra comment remark, I have an edit on that, and that "just start some more useless threads..." comment is just an insult, and it holds little to no value against reasonable arguments. don't go TL:DR and decide to act like you know what someone is saying and start hating with illogical, insulting remarks.

Katface:

you didn't even read the post did you? Just as I said to aa3123, dont go TL:DR and act like you know what someone is saying, in your case it isn't hate, it's just that you say I talk about nerfing, price change isn't nerfing, it is just making the weapon as hard to get as it is powerful.

Your sarcasm is pointless, and just takes up a space a reasonable post could use, maybe to actually argue against this, or support it, now we'll never know.

also, read the reply to NBK1510 about his reply to your comment.

Edited by some_random_guy_1

So you got a good weapon, but don't want other people getting it without extra efforts.  That's not selfish at all.  There's a couple of threads asking to buff the supra on the first 2 pages, why post there?  Just start some more useless threads that get things nerfed, now that's a great idea.

i'd be pretty down with having an astronomical cost attributed with the soma. not the galatine so much, as that's highly dependant on mods to do well outside infested missions. have fun with your charge time that takes up half the game anyway.

but for soma? it's got this natural balance by way of requiring forma to unleash it's full potential. while previously with a gun like boltor, you could get it to level 30 and it'd be useable everywhere. right from unranked boltor was devastating on most enemies.

the soma by comparison does very *little* damage for the first 10 levels or so. the core of the gun requires multishot, point strike, and vital sense, together they cost nearly 35 energy points. Plus, at level 30 the first time around, soma isn't really gamebreaking, it's just competitive. polarize it once and it becomes VERY powerful, twice and it becomes gamebreaking.

i've polarized mine 3x now, and the faction it's weakest against (corpus) still die faster to soma than other guns that are supposed to be good against them.

Nope not really. You don't need split chamber to make Soma work.

Without potato and just point strike, serration, vital sense and just Hellfire, the Soma already does very reliable critical hit damage.

And critical further amplifies the fire damage to incredible figures.

Boltor needs a lot more to work due to non-hit scan, low ROF etc

Edited by fatpig84

Soma isn't the strongest weapon in the game.  Depending on criteria, the Supra is better.  And then of course, the Brakk and Boar Prime are the two best, period.

While numbers speak the truth, numbers are not everything Volt and you know it

Edited by Phoenix86