The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Super-Crazy...fps Drops. (I Mean Huge!)

ryncest

My problems are a little worse. Well, a lot.

PC Specs:

CPU- AMD FX 6200 (6-CORE) Windows 8- 64bit

GPU- ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series ( 1920x1080- 60Hz )

Motherboard- AMD 970 Chipset

RAM- 10Gb DDR3

I cannot even load the login menu with full-screen enabled( I used to be able too.) While in windowed mode I get around 7-12 FPS while loading in ( used to get around 40 FPS, because it's a still picture.) When I am finished loading into the menu, my FPS drops to about 10 while typing in my password. Once I finish typing my password in, I get EXACTLY 10 FPS; 100ms ( This slows down everything, to the point I close it and play DayZ with 60 frames.) Ever since update 11, this has been happening to me. I have updated all my drivers, OS, and even uninstalled and reinstalled Warframe from both Steam and the website. I used to get around 75-90 FPS in-game. Now the loading screen drops my framerate around 80 frames. I have debugged, defragged, and updated everything. I have no explination why or how this is possible. I have ruled out internet, drivers, HDD health. So if you have even the slightest theory that would maybe help, please let me know. I love this game so much and I cant even play it. So please help, thank you!

Also I have never had this problem with any other games.

Edited by unbound_cobrah

Have you changed your drivers recently?

Changed any in game settings?

Try disabling Tesselation in the in game display settings. If that doesn't work, try disabling Local reflections.

If neither of those help, try disabling DX11, 64-bit and Multithreading in the launcher settings (one at a time until you find the one that seems to be affecting performance). Once you think you've found the culprit, leave that setting off and re-enable anything you may have disabled. If you can play comfortably now, you've found the problem.

Once you've found the culprit, you should report it to DE in a support ticket to make them aware of what the specific setting is that's causing such a negative performance impact.

Also, Update 11 turned Multithreading on as default, so that may be the culprit.

• 3 weeks later...