Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon In Damage 2.0

Garuger

We all know Gorgon the huge Grineer green submarine machine gun

that got removed from the market(but not the login awards).That was because it was outclassed by new weapons

such as Soma (wich is considered the next gen Gorgon  superior in every aspect)

However that was in Damage1.0 were all the weapons dealt same damage and were

consider the same . No matter thought in damage 2.0 Gorgon is bettter than either 

Supra or Soma how you may ask? Simple Soma , Supra are focused on puncture /

flesh while Gorgon has the highest impact damage atm in game(18.8 impact) .Higher infact that 

any other automatic rifle . Thanks to that it makes not only perfect against void with corrosive

(since you dont care about the shields because of impact )but also against Corpus.

Also thanks to new mods such as stabilizer Gorgon has no recoil! that it makes far more tolerable

and forgiving but still is a hard weapon to use . Huge reload time and wind cycle still does not make it 

less threating . Unleash it in void and see the enemies fall like paper.

However to unlock its full potential ( as all weapons ) you need forma . So far i have forma it by x3

and this is my build : http://imgur.com/a/8WylL

So to sum up Gorrgon is back as a merciless destroyer of enemies as once was .So take it from the closet and destroy everything :D

And i hope when it is fully removed to get a special event (like snipetron had ) and get a Gorgon Wraith .

PLZ DE make it happen 

Edited by Garuger

Yeah that could be cool. I remember getting my Gorgon back in March and using it like a Latron. I've always thought it was a good weapon, hence why I've kept it for so long.

I also love the art style for it, it's really nice. (Thanks art team/who ever.)

Really think people are idiots for thinking that the Soma is king of the chaingun syle weapons.

When I was looking for a new gun, I wanted something like a chaingun, becsaue I actaully like the run n gun and just mow them down.  Since its fun, espcially against Infested. 

So I looked up the Gorgon, and was saddend it wasn't avalible anymore.  I finally got the BP as a login today and immedently built it.  I have a Soma and its been Formad once, which is all it needs for a nice Crit/Crit D weapon.  However that is the ONLY thing the soma can do, is crits nothing else will work on it.  Also the Soma is a pure Elemental gun, meaning whatever element you put on it, is the most damage it will be dealing, since its base numbers are soooo low that they mean nothing when shooting things.

The Gorgon....is a thing of beauty.  Nice high base Impact damage, making it (alone) great against Corpus, now pack in some Elemntal Damage (blast) and you have bonuses vs everything.  It also can be a crit weapon if you want it to be, or you can go stright damage on it and just chrun those bullets down range.  Serration and Impact Damage mods do make good use on this gun as it has actual damage numbers for those mods to work off of.  Soma, laughable base damage, meaning mods will do next to nothing for it (only reason I use Serration at all on the Soma is it boosts the elemntal too).

My major suggestion is to reintroduce the Gorgon back to the market, and allow it to be a baseline gun.  Meaning Mastery Rank 3 or 4 should unlock it, so those starting the game will actuall have all the weapon types avalible to them.  From Bows to Assault Rifles to massive chainguns noobies (like myself) would have access to these types of guns, rather then just the Soma at rank 6.

Really think people are idiots for thinking that the Soma is king of the chaingun syle weapons.

When I was looking for a new gun, I wanted something like a chaingun, becsaue I actaully like the run n gun and just mow them down.  Since its fun, espcially against Infested. 

So I looked up the Gorgon, and was saddend it wasn't avalible anymore.  I finally got the BP as a login today and immedently built it.  I have a Soma and its been Formad once, which is all it needs for a nice Crit/Crit D weapon.  However that is the ONLY thing the soma can do, is crits nothing else will work on it.  Also the Soma is a pure Elemental gun, meaning whatever element you put on it, is the most damage it will be dealing, since its base numbers are soooo low that they mean nothing when shooting things.

The Gorgon....is a thing of beauty.  Nice high base Impact damage, making it (alone) great against Corpus, now pack in some Elemntal Damage (blast) and you have bonuses vs everything.  It also can be a crit weapon if you want it to be, or you can go stright damage on it and just chrun those bullets down range.  Serration and Impact Damage mods do make good use on this gun as it has actual damage numbers for those mods to work off of.  Soma, laughable base damage, meaning mods will do next to nothing for it (only reason I use Serration at all on the Soma is it boosts the elemntal too).

My major suggestion is to reintroduce the Gorgon back to the market, and allow it to be a baseline gun.  Meaning Mastery Rank 3 or 4 should unlock it, so those starting the game will actuall have all the weapon types avalible to them.  From Bows to Assault Rifles to massive chainguns noobies (like myself) would have access to these types of guns, rather then just the Soma at rank 6.

Gorgon is a very versatile able to mod it however you want it and will be very affective  . Also Gorgon is a mastery rank 3 weapon so sad they took it out 

Edited by Garuger

Gorgon is worse than the Soma once both are fully modded.

Also, the Supra is better than either once it is fully modded (though it is by a small enough margin that if you can't stand the projectile speed, you can easily justify going back to the Soma).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlWVt6vp3-YWdFh0dS1YNUxjRXRENnBJa1dqQ1pXVXc&usp=drive_web#gid=2

I dread these "______ is the new king!" threads. Inevitably someone comes along and raises the call to nerf in response.

Especially sad after 6 forma into my favorite long gun.

Anyhow has stabilizer changed? Previously it only affected initial recoil, no effect to spread, so no real benefit.

Edited by Rajko

Gorgon is worse than the Soma once both are fully modded.

Also, the Supra is better than either once it is fully modded (though it is by a small enough margin that if you can't stand the projectile speed, you can easily justify going back to the Soma).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlWVt6vp3-YWdFh0dS1YNUxjRXRENnBJa1dqQ1pXVXc&usp=drive_web#gid=2

As i said Soma , Supra cant compare to |Gorgon since both of those weapon are more flesh / puncture while Gorgon is the highest impact machine gun in game atm 

I dread these "______ is the new king!" threads. Inevitably someone comes along and raises the call to nerf in response.

Especially sad after 6 forma into my favorite long gun.

Anyhow has stabilizer changed? Previously it only affected initial recoil, no effect to spread, so no real benefit.

I did not say it is the king i just said that Gorgon in damage 2.0 now has a place at Void and vs Corpus were other machine guns fail . 

Edited by Garuger

As i said Soma , Supra cant compare to |Gorgon since both of those weapon are more flesh / puncture while Gorgon is the highest impact machine gun in game atm 

If by "can't compare," you mean "fills a different niche," you're wrong.  They will still do better than the Gorgon against shields.  If you meant "are significantly worse than," you are also incorrect.  I linked you to my math.

Both Supra and Soma do 24k DPS to shields.  The Gorgon does 19k.  It's the same story in other categories.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Thank you! Oh thank you so much. I LOVE the soma, and I'm sick and tiered of people telling me I only like it because it's OP. I like the soma because it's accurate and I like the sound. I like the way it looks and I like the way it feels. I just like it. I love the gorgon to, I just want to use the soma and I'm tiered of people just placing the soma in this class of "use it cos you have to"

Anyway, a little off topic.Yes, the gorgon needs to come back. I suspect it will be altered slightly and added to the grineer clan lab (Like the snipetron and the lanka). Personally, I'm hoping for Gorgon wraith as the next event reward.

I did not say it is the king i just said that Gorgon in damage 2.0 now has a place at Void and vs Corpus were other machine guns fail . 

No, you didn't say it.  It was a little implied by saying it does something better than any other weapon does.  And my comment is just a lamentation that as soon as something gets a head over the average, the community cries out.  There's really nothing wrong with saying the Gorgon is ok.  I agree, it's ok.  In fact it is my favorite gun of all time, and if I had the skill I'd build one and stick it on my wall.

Anyhow don't take my post as directed against you.  I'm just sort of frustrated at this aspect of the community experience.  It feels like every time a nerf goes in, someone posts a thread about a weapon being ok or king, that weapon becomes hotly debated, the debate polarizes and bam, balancing occurs. 

So, DID stabilizer change?  

And my comment is just a lamentation that as soon as something gets a head over the average, the community cries out.  

This is untrue.  People cry out under three conditions:

1. They are jealous of something they can't get: contrary to what some would believe, this is not always the reason and is probably almost never the reason.  If this is ultimately someone's reason, they are a selfish fool.

2. They fail to properly understand the situation: like in the case of Nova, it's more about her relation to low-level content as she's a welcome member of any high-level team so the proper change would not be a nerf but an adjustment somehow so that she is less overpowering at lower levels but retains her potency at higher levels)

3. A piece of content outright eclipses other content to an absurd degree.

3 is what I see the most of around here and it's because DE consistently implements poorly balanced content.  Take any event weapon when it was first added.  Brandal?  Swraith?  Brakk?  We can look at the other end of the spectrum for content that is inherently terrible at the time of implementations.  Dera?  Ignis?  Embolist?  Then you have things that are just plain UP like Volt.

People cry out for balance changes when content is eclipsed.  If something is eclipsing a large swath of content, the easiest change is a nerf which has the added benefit of slowing power creep.  If something is eclipsed by a large swath of content, it is to be buffed.  People like having options in how they play and don't like feeling obligated to go with the "best" option.

I think Gorgon's status is out of date in evoving warframe universe, buit it surely has a great concept, high firepower with low maneuverability weapon.

Hope DE can keep this concept with Gorgon's buff or put it into a new machine gun. Like 200 round magazine with high damage about 50 with same accuracy, or increase accuracy with a lower(but still need a buff)damage, long reload time machinegun.

I love how Gorgon looks and how it sounds, but it still a little weak even in damage 2.0.

Edited by windsofdestruction

I think Gorgon's status is out of date in evoving warframe universe, buit it surely has a great concept, high firepower with low maneuverability weapon.

Hope DE can keep this concept with Gorgon's buff or put it into a new machine gun. Like 200 round magazine with high damage about 50 with same accuracy, or increase accuracy with a lower(but still need a buff)damage, long reload time machinegun.

I love how Gorgon looks and how it sounds, but it still a little weak even in damage 2.0.

Scott actually chucklingly (I'll pretend that's a word) said in one of the livestreams that the Soma was Gorgon 2.0.

I'm so happy that I decided to forma my gorgon instead of selling it back in Damage 1.0. I've had that thing for a while, and I remember being highly dissatisfied with it until It reached Level 25...and then it started becoming extremely viable. 

Fast forward to damage 2.0, where it's my #1 goto for Corpus missions when I'm not trying to level up something else. Gorgon really grew into its own, and Stabilizer helps it so, so much!

See the "Is Synapse the new king" post.  

OP:  Is it the best?

2nd post:  Synapse has been flagged for nerfing.

Not that it's officially flagged, but I thought that captured how this goes pretty well in the community. 

I agree that event weapons are poorly balanced overall.  So far Gorgon has been nerfed twice and completely re-adjusted once with D2.0, then fixed immediately after D2.0 due to unintended high crit rate.  Maybe I'm over-hasty in being concerned for the longevity of it's current usefulness, but the track record suggests caution.

Edited by Rajko

We all know Gorgon the huge Grineer green submarine machine gun

that got removed from the market(but not the login awards).That was because it was outclassed by new weapons

such as Soma (wich is considered the next gen Gorgon  superior in every aspect)

However that was in Damage1.0 were all the weapons dealt same damage and were

consider the same . No matter thought in damage 2.0 Gorgon is bettter than either 

Supra or Soma how you may ask? Simple Soma , Supra are focused on puncture /

flesh while Gorgon has the highest impact damage atm in game(18.8 impact) .Higher infact that 

any other automatic rifle . Thanks to that it makes not only perfect against void with corrosive

(since you dont care about the shields because of impact )but also against Corpus.

Also thanks to new mods such as stabilizer Gorgon has no recoil! that it makes far more tolerable

and forgiving but still is a hard weapon to use . Huge reload time and wind cycle still does not make it 

less threating . Unleash it in void and see the enemies fall like paper.

However to unlock its full potential ( as all weapons ) you need forma . So far i have forma it by x3

and this is my build : http://imgur.com/a/8WylL

So to sum up Gorrgon is back as a merciless destroyer of enemies as once was .So take it from the closet and destroy everything :D

YES

And i hope when it is fully removed to get a special event (like snipetron had ) and get a Gorgon Wraith .

PLZ DE make it happen 

NO.

If by "can't compare," you mean "fills a different niche," you're wrong.  They will still do better than the Gorgon against shields.  If you meant "are significantly worse than," you are also incorrect.  I linked you to my math.

Both Supra and Soma do 24k DPS to shields.  The Gorgon does 19k.  It's the same story in other categories.

What builts are you using is the question