Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Idea: Marksman's Grace

DrPandisimo

Hi all, just an extremely simple suggestion for a mod, called Marksman's Grace.

Would increase damage to weak points by 20% per level up to a maximum of 100%

Why? More diversity - less spray and pray, more meaningful shots. Although the values may be too high, if would have a place in the game, I mean we have mods for crit chance, damage, status etc. so why not one that rewards us even further for targeting an enemies weak spots?

Good idea, but they already have it, its call crits. Mods that improve critical chance, and the critical hit are basically what you said here. This mod would only shine in stealth kills as well, otherwise I personally would not use this mod, and ill use a critical hit damage mod on it.

Edited by GhostUnitVII

Adding multiplicatively? I want one on my banshee.

EDIT: no, it's not crits. Crits are random. What Op's suggesting is a mod amplifying the effect of shooting people on the head. Normally it's x2 damage, with this mod maxed, it's x3 or x4. It values skill and precision, and do not rely on random chance.

Edited by Kaian-a-coel

Adding multiplicatively? I want one on my banshee.

EDIT: no, it's not crits. Crits are random. What Op's suggesting is a mod amplifying the effect of shooting people on the head. Normally it's x2 damage, with this mod maxed, it's x3 or x4. It values skill and precision, and do not rely on random chance.

Crits have a chance of hitting randomly yes, but most of the time, when you shoot around the head, or in certain spots like on the corpus is between the legs (yes ive tested this), crits are near 100% chance, so yeh its random, but its based around where you hit them.

Good idea, but they already have it, its call crits. Mods that improve critical chance, and the critical hit are basically what you said here. This mod would only shine in stealth kills as well, otherwise I personally would not use this mod, and ill use a critical hit damage mod on it.

Terrifyingly, Critical Hits on special body parts will have the multiplier effect twice. Like say a Soma hits a head of a Grineer Heavy dealing about 20 damage as a normal, then multiplied it by 8 to make 160 then multiplied again by 8 to make 1280 damage per hit. Yeah, I agree with you.

Crits have a chance of hitting randomly yes, but most of the time, when you shoot around the head, or in certain spots like on the corpus is between the legs (yes ive tested this), crits are near 100% chance, so yeh its random, but its based around where you hit them.

crits are not based around where you hit, what have you been smoking? and may i have some?

Terrifyingly, Critical Hits on special body parts will have the multiplier effect twice. Like say a Soma hits a head of a Grineer Heavy dealing about 20 damage as a normal, then multiplied it by 8 to make 160 then multiplied again by 8 to make 1280 damage per hit. Yeah, I agree with you.

crits are not based around where you hit, what have you been smoking? and may i have some?

Freelancer27 basically backed what ive said. Crits are based on where you hit, you need to play the game more, or learn how to aim :/

I have a Lanka, Vectis, Paris, Paris Prime, and so on, and ive seen this, Normal damage is doubled around the head region, as criticals can also compound ontop of that damage, The paris prime (my paris prime) does on average 700 - 1000 damage per body shot, if i were to shoot near the head of a grineer lancer, the damage would jump near 1200 - 1500 damage, with a higher chance of a critical hit. since most guns base critical hit around %'s and multipliers, the chances really come down to where you aim, and what is on your gun, same applies to the damage. Now the Paris prime has a 1.5 crit damage multiplyer, meaning 1.5x more damage is added to the base damage, with a 20% crit chance, this crit boost the damage near the head from the normal hits of 1200 - 1500 damage to 3000 - 3750 damage.

This game also has something called "Hit boxes" every RTS, MMO, 3rd person shooter, has a Hit Box system, and im certain that this one involves damage AND critical chance, it would make no sense not to do so.

Freelancer27 basically backed what ive said. Crits are based on where you hit, you need to play the game more, or learn how to aim :/

I have a Lanka, Vectis, Paris, Paris Prime, and so on, and ive seen this, Normal damage is doubled around the head region, as criticals can also compound ontop of that damage, The paris prime (my paris prime) does on average 700 - 1000 damage per body shot, if i were to shoot near the head of a grineer lancer, the damage would jump near 1200 - 1500 damage, with a higher chance of a critical hit. since most guns base critical hit around %'s and multipliers, the chances really come down to where you aim, and what is on your gun, same applies to the damage. Now the Paris prime has a 1.5 crit damage multiplyer, meaning 1.5x more damage is added to the base damage, with a 20% crit chance, this crit boost the damage near the head from the normal hits of 1200 - 1500 damage to 3000 - 3750 damage.

This game also has something called "Hit boxes" every RTS, MMO, 3rd person shooter, has a Hit Box system, and im certain that this one involves damage AND critical chance, it would make no sense not to do so.

i know, what im suggesting is not a chance based boost - obviously a crit to the head will do more damage, but im not talking about criticals

I have over 500 total hours logged on Warframe, and I have never once seen a critical hit be proced by hitting a weak spot. Weakspots deal more damage yes but are NOT crits. The damage from them isn't increased by the critical multiplier, it's a flat 2X damage boost. Period.

You may be thinking of TF2 however. Headshots from the sniper will crit every time.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_Hit_%28Mechanic%29

Crit CHANCE is NOT based on where you hit. However, crit damage is further amplified on special bodyparts, it appears.

But it relies on random chance because you need to crit first to have that multiplier.

Take a Soma, put max crit build on it. Aim anywhere. Crits appear. It's like MAGIC!!

its nothing like crits, the only common thing is they both kind of add damage, i belive that what he meant to say is for example headshots instead of doing double damage will do more when this mod is equipped

I like the idea, but would this mod be exclusive to rifles, or would similar mods also be available for shotguns and/or secondary weapons?

Off-Topic (somewhat): Should weapons have headshot damage as another stat along with crit chance, crit damage, and status chance?

I like the idea, but would this mod be exclusive to rifles, or would similar mods also be available for shotguns and/or secondary weapons?

Off-Topic (somewhat): Should weapons have headshot damage as another stat along with crit chance, crit damage, and status chance?

I would imagine one for each type, probably with varying damage increase.

n______n This would be amazingly broken with sonar.

i dunno, sonar only highlights a random area of the mob, not necessarily a weak point, E.g:  A Grineer Lancer - even if sonar highlights its leg (yes it still takes a metric f*ckton of damage to the leg, but its weak point is still its head. :3