Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Scopes - Are They That Useful?

Quapper

This thread is mostly for people using the snipers a lot, and ideas on how to improve the sniper scopes.

The scopes for snipers really look fancy and all. However, they help little to no more than when the snipers had no scope at all (or well that's what I feel like they do and this is my post so my opinion is yours (Just kidding of course)). BUT as fancy as they may look, they give no tactical purpose at all.

Now this is all fine and dandy (Lanka scope)

Q9A1izD.jpg

But compared to the scanner

BEmw9S9.jpg

the Lanka (and pretty much every other sniper that I've tried out which is everyone) shows nothing tactical like distance from the enemy or whatever you're aiming at.

• Maybe if you have completed the codex entry for a single enemy, the sniper scopes would show critical points of that enemy and highlight them for you (Just like the scanner highlights enemies, that you haven't scanned yet).

• Maybe they would tell you how many enemies you've killed with the sniper (compared to the scanner, that would probably be a little to the right of "scans taken" where stuff gets blurry)

• Maybe show a bigger version of how much ammo you have left in the clip and total (again compared to the scanner, it would probably show a bit to the left of "Remaining charges" where stuff gets blurry).

I don't know if this is possible for DE (I highly doubt that it's impossible), but I would love to see the scopes have some actual purpose. It might not be highest priority but still.

I would love to see what other sniper-lovers think about this or what their own suggestions would be.

In my opinion; no.

The individual rooms that make up the maps are not nearly large enough for a scope to be of any advantage, quite the opposite.

Well, usually.

There are some large outdoor areas in the snowy Corpus titleset and the Arid Grineer tileset.

I find that having the scopes for the rifles stops the feeling of disorientation I had when I zoom in with them.  Without them it is like your frame has disappeared and suddenly you have a first person view, without any visible weapon it really threw me off.

I like how they are now, but having a range to target like with the scanner would be a nice addition to the sniper scopes.

Edit: But as others have said before, it would be nice if there was a way to turn them off in the Options if you don't like/want them.

Edited by BrotherJudas008

a distance counter? sure.

weakpoints? sounds interesting, but might be a bit easy. but it still... sounds cool :(

mostly, i still want Zoom levels on ALL weapons to be customizable. completely customizable. so you can set your Zoom on any weapon from 0x to 50x. 

yes, you could put 50x on your Bronco. but is it useful? obviously not.

the high Zoom levels on basically every weapon in the game is generally disorienting for me. these super high Zoom Sniping optics are even worse. i could shoot much more accurately with a less powerful optic. 

the same goes for a lot of non-Sniping weapons, they Zoom in more than i want, and it gets very difficult to aim.

i can snipe with standard Rifle zoom just fine, so why do i need 8x that? no thank you.

all i really 'need' out of Aiming is fine tuning my aim, and a bit of zoom for those long range engagements.

that also brings up my distaste for how the sensitivity in Warframe has always functioned, but that's for another thread, when i get around to posting it.