Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Affects My Mic.

AlphaWerewolf

I encountered an issue with the mic volume being low while playing the Mimas Defense mission; my friends on Mumble said I was hard to hear and that my sound sounded muffled or as if I was talking with some water effect going. Since I didn't make any changes and it was fine before running the mission I suspect it has to do with the way the DSP effect is handled for the Lotus voice. I'm currently using a 3.5mm Modmic for audio input.

Edit: I found out that my microphone input levels kept going to 50% then remembered they added an in game "Voice Transmit Volume" so try checking if that's causing issues.

Edited by Someguy316

Same for a friend of mine on mumble. Every two minutes or so, his mic is set on hight detection, so i hear everything even ingame sound (he has a headphone mic). He fixe the problem, and after a while the same problem comes again, only when we are on warframe. It only has been a problem since the last updates. He has the voice desactivated in the config panel.

I noticed this as well. From what I can tell, the issue seems to be that Warframe sets the microphone's volume level (in Windows) to 49% every time a mission ends.

Edit: It also happens when a mission starts.

Edit #2: It only happens sometimes, but so far it has always been after a mission starts/ends.

Edited by Oboeshoes92

This has happened ever since they tried fixing the in-game VoIP.

Instead of taking whatever level your mic is at and amplifying or limiting it within the game, they have set the game to take over the mic levels in Windows. This causes a huge issue for anyone looking to have voice communication outside the game. (Something I would of expected DE employees/gamers to recognise.)

A potential fix/workaround is to try setting the in-game 'mic' to a line in or other such source but this will remove the ability to broadcast your voice to others in-game.

If you are feeling the need to do this then it's probably because you have a situation such as the OP and aren't as likely to use the in-game functions anyway. The issue rears its head again if you are talking with two clanmates with an external program but need to yell at the PuG that is tagging along with the mission you are in though... :(