Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dakra Not (Or Barely) Color Customizable. Why?

Murice

one of the big draws of this game is the customization of not only gameplay, where modding, weapon and warframe selection allow you to tailor your character's performance to your playstyle, but also in cosmetic options, like color customization, skins and helmets. It's pretty clear  that they're making an effort to differentiate various players' looks with skins and helmets and stuff, but it seems like they don't have the time to really dig too deep into it, being an independent developer dealing with an open beta of a game that has such avid and outspoken fans, always debating on how to improve what matters most: gameplay.

Now that I got all my pretentious opinions out of the way, here comes the simple question: Why is the Dakra Prime not color customizable, while other Prime weapons are plentifully? The fact that a weapon that has such a huge aesthetic appeal is not color customizable contradicts what DE seems to be going for with some of its other choices.

Oh I wouldn't say that...

*Pulls out an arsenal of bright pink Prime weapons*

exactly. I don't necessarily see the point... From what I've heard, the Orthos Prime is also supposed to be a super noble and respected weapon, yet it seems to be fully customizable. I'm not sure what makes DE think Dakra wielders don't want to make it look the way they want.

I was a little disappointed about that. One thing is it's a Orokin Void Prime weapon. It's colors are based on the void, Gold and white. All you have to do is add some white to your character and it works out.

From what I'm aware, it's one of the only Prime items in the game whose "visible primary" (white on Paris Prime and Excalibur Prime, black on Frost Prime, etc.) isn't recolorable. Bit annoying when you want to change it to a black&gold Prime theme to match your Frost Prime or something.

Anyone else noticed that Magnus doesn't look like it does in its weapon picture?...

Glittery lego plastic railings instead of shiny metallic. Nevermind.

Gotta post a nerf/buff thread about a popular wep to get noticed I guess.

The thing is no one really cares about how the Magnus doesn't have the shiny rails. Also, good job derailing a thread that has NOTHING to do with your 'complaint'.

Anyway, yes, I wish the Dakra was a little more color custom, but it looks sexy either way.

Anyone else noticed that Magnus doesn't look like it does in its weapon picture?...

Glittery lego plastic railings instead of shiny metallic. Nevermind.

Gotta post a nerf/buff thread about a popular wep to get noticed I guess.

What does that have to do with the color scheme for the Dakra?

Edited by __Kanade__

Ok. I guess you'll be happy with whatever Wednesday weapon thrown at you. Be a happy tool then.

And I'm not the only person who talked about a weapon other than Dakra Prime.

you were however the only person to attempt to change the topic of discussion. it would be less shameless to at least create a topic with a misleading title instead of coming into other people's discussions, trying to make them your own.

Thanks for reporting that. There was a bit of miscommunication on our prime customizing when that was made, so now I have changed it to the white tintable. It will be on the first channel which will make for shuffling of the colour orders, sorry if that SNAFUs existing loadouts.